No announcement yet.

planned paint scheme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that is what I mean, the paint job underneath the green.
    -Josh R

Comment

Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
      I like it. I think the reason its going over better than you expected is because youve broken up the green with some black. If it were just the green. IMO the reaction might be different.
      That goes back to the black versus body colored bumper thread. I think every festiva, every car even, needs lot's of black accents. I love black cars like kofkof's for instance. But the ONLY thing bad about a black car is that you cant accent with black.
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by 91blufestiva View Post
        Yeah that is what I mean, the paint job underneath the green.
        I don't really get it. What does the previous color have to do with how it looks now? You saw that this was just done in mspaint right?
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

nevermind, I was just wondering if you still had the picture of what it looked like before you changed it. Yes I saw that it was done with mspaint. You answered my question right away when you said it was white before you changed it.
          -Josh R

Comment

Oh ok sorry. It was just a plain white festiva with body colored bumpers and trim. And 12" steelies.

Comment

like it, i love it man! i did use high temp engine paint cause it was the only stuff i could find in the color i wanted at the time. hopefully now that im working i can get some bodywork done and paint mine with a spray gun. i like the black bumpers too and think im going to have to do that to mine.
              Daily Driver: 90 Festiva 5 spd. lime green, brush guard
              Another Toy: 06 Harley Sportster 883, intake and exhaust

Comment

Yup, i like it!

Comment

Green is a good color for our cars. I want to get mine painted midori green like the '96 civic hatchbacks, but I'll probably end up mixing some rustoleum and doing the $50 paint job. I'll get it as close to midori as I can though......
                  "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

I like it!. The little details are neat. like how the roof is black but only within the roof rails and of course the painted lower bumpersm ive been thinking of doing that too.

-Scott
                    Aqua 93 L
                    Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                    White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

^ cool thanks for noticing the details

Comment

That green is a good defensive color for a small car. Looks good too. In the early 70s, a lady friend had a Maverick about shade of green. An OEM color. She affectionately called it "Tomato Worm."

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieZ View Post
                          In the early 70s, a lady friend had a Maverick about shade of green. An OEM color.
                          Grabber Green
                          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

^^ Grabber Green. Is that what Ford really called it? Weren't there some Plymouths and Dodges about the same color?

Comment

That is a neat looking paint scheme!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                              X