Meet Bob...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet Bob...

I've started a teardown of my Suzuki Boulevard S40 (formerly called a Savage), and figured I'd document it on some of the forums that I frequent. Since I know we have a few bikers here, I thought they may be interested (and for the post whores, it's a free reply)...

I removed all the extra stuff that I originally added... Windshield, highway/crash bars, sissybar and rails, etc... And now I've taken apart the rest of it. The rear fender is going to be replaced with a trailer fender. I've got it, but it needs to be trimmed, fitted, and mounted up.

Several things that need attention:
    - the wiring will all be cleaned up a bit. Some of the wires need to be extended so that I can run them along the frame
    - the stater solenoid and rectifier need to be mounted, but that's waiting until the fender is on (and I think I'll change out the current started power wire for something that I can move along the frame easier)
    - get tail light and turn signals sorted out... I'm thinking of going with an integrated turn signal/stop combo LED light setup. There's a guy over on jeepforum.com that makes them for bobbers and they look pretty sick:

- install the 10" mini apes that I've got for the bike. Not sure that I'm sold on them yet, but we'll see how it goes. I can always swap back if I don't like them
    - Ultima leather solo seat install, as soon as it gets off backorder.

A shot from another member that did the same thing on his Savage looks a little like this:

So - We'll see how mine turns out then.
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Wow! I like that look. Keep us posted.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

650 thumper......Torquey little things.
      -Greg
      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
      Redneck Engineer
      FOTY - '09
      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

I like the look too. It's plain and simple.

And yeah euro... It's got more than enough power for me.
        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

That fender is pretty sick looking. And the leds are good and bright. Have you got a pic of the seat youre looking at?
          Last edited by MONSOON; 09-08-2009, 09:21 AM.
          Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
          - Unknown
          I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
          - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
          - Bumper Sticker

Comment

It's similar to the one on the green bike posted above, but I don't think mine will be sprung quite that high. I might mount it without the springs at first, but if I remove the springs on the bike and replace with bars (again, like the green one), then I'll add in the springs.
            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Simon could you PM me the name of that guy on Jeep forum that makes the LED tail lights I am doing the same thing to a 750 Yamaha Virago, and that would be great.

Comment

Those LED taillights are pretty awesome!! i like them a lot

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Seat should be in tomorrow. Now just to get that fender mocked up.
                  Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

That looks pretty cool so far! I'd like to build a bobber one day. This winter I'll be turning my bike into a bagger with the addition of a set of custom hard bags painted to match my bike!
                    Brian
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                    :fish:

Comment

Awesome Brian. That'll look good on there. I wasn't sure what route I wanted to go, but I really, really like the looks of the bobbers. Plus, I can still toss a set of bags on there if I need.

Now I'm deciding on a new battery box and electrical stuff holder. Mentioned from another forum, a false oil bag:

Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

hey i wanna know about that taillight thing too...
                        It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Simon, all my expieriances on a bike remind me to tell you that you REALLY want to keep the swing arm struts active. keep this thought in mind: you live in PA, and we have the 2nd worst roads in america...
                          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                            Simon, all my expieriances on a bike remind me to tell you that you REALLY want to keep the swing arm struts active. keep this thought in mind: you live in PA, and we have the 2nd worst roads in america...
                            I agree - if you've ever spent more than an hour on a ridgid you know what hes talking about - I've always loved the bobbers - the only problem with them is getting a girl on the back - The false tank looks good though

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                            92 GL - parts car
                            97 aspire - parts car
                            87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                            http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                            Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

FestY - Haha... I'm sure. I would have it so that I could always swap back to the stock suspension if I needed. Not sure what route I'll go yet.

My Ultima seat came in Wednesday. I need the front mount for it, which will be in on Monday before I can finish the install. It's a pretty decent looking seat though, I can't wait to take a ride on it.
                              Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Working...
                              X