Finally found a set of 13's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally found a set of 13's

Finally found a full set of 13's on a Geo Metro at PicknPull... not bad for $82. Really need a set of hubcaps or some black rustoleum all depends on how long I drive it for.

91 rusty Festiva 260k

Looks like you could use a passenger side headlight too!
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Yeah I need to take it out and clean it maybe drill a hole or two.. don't really want to spend $25 on a new headlight.
      91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

do they have a variaty of fords at the pick and pull? as in engine swaps for the festivas?
        03 Chevy S-10 Extreme-4.3
        92 Ford Festiva GL-to be determined
        92 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon-5.7

Comment

I didn't get over to the import section but usually they do. They normally have quite a few protege's and other mazda's.
          91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Eric............what year Metro and did they fit right on without any alteration?

Comment

Originally posted by twiztid_killa View Post
              do they have a variaty of fords at the pick and pull? as in engine swaps for the festivas?
              What Ford engine did you have in mind for swapping into the Festiva?
              As I don't know of any that have been done.
              Mazda's are the source of most swaps.
              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
              '92 Aqua parts Car
              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
              Your holy ghost will not save you.
              Your God plutonium will not save you.
              In fact...
              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by festyfanatic View Post
                Eric............what year Metro and did they fit right on without any alteration?
                Off a 95. Fit like a glove even around the hubs. No alterations. The car must of been setting a while those are some noisey tires!
                91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

The 13" Metro wheels are a very nice cheap upgrade. I like 175/70 all-seasons on 'em.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Eric....what lug nuts did you use on the Metro wheels?

And also to the rest of the gallery, what effect do the larger wheels and tires have on gas mileage?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

if you do a lot of highway driving it will improve your mileage a little due to lower revs. driving around town and accelerating a lot will decrease mileage since the engine has to work harder. i got my best mpg runs (75% highway) on 1856014's.

Comment

When those tires wear out I'm going to tell him to get 175/70's.. looks like their easy to find. Not sure I might even put them on mine and let dad have the 12's off of mine. I used the same lugnuts the center cap didn't fit though. Don't know about gas mileage.. needs a new thermostat before I try to calculate it.
                        91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

You'll get your best hwy mileage, whatever you're driving, if you can keep the speed consistent, preferably at 55. But whatever speed you drive, avoid speeding up and slowing down unless safety requres it.

At 55 MPH I've gotten 58.5 MPG; at 60 the same car got 52.5.
                          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

With my commute there's not such thing as consistancy. I basically get on I70 for few miles then 635 then 71 a few miles after.. all up and down. I did get almost 40mpg on the one I'm driving now. I only work 6 or so miles from work and only work 7 out of 14 days, 12 hours days... figure about 2500 work miles if I push it. But with how eager my wife is to get it licensed on the road I have a feeling I'm going to have to fight to drive it.

With the bigger tires it is alot better on the higway should help out my automatic. I'll let my dad have the almost new 12's that came on it. I'm such a indian giver. Now to find some hubcaps.
                            91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Working...
                            X