Wrecked Festy I may buy.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrecked Festy I may buy.....

...or fix for the guy.He's not sure if he wants to sell it,yet.Says he wants to ix it up for his daughter.It was hers.I only see one obstacle in fixing it and that is the radiator support.Wonder if I can just straighten it out and it be om. ?

Man I wish I could seat those seats from that car, they would look good in my Dark Blue festiva.
    Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
    1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
    2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
    2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Not sure what they look like under the front seat covers??

Comment

Other than the rad support, the rest appears to be cosmetic. Pull the rad/grill/lights, wrap a come-a-long around a big tree, and crank it.

Years ago my Mom hit a deer with her Chevette, the rad support looked a lot worse than that, and we cranked it back out. Maybe not perfect, but damn good. No fitment problems with the grill, rad, or anything else.

Just do it slowly, and maybe wait for it to be a bit warmer out, so the metal isn't too brittle. Definitely looks fixable.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Well,if I do get it, I have access to a heated garage.If I didn't have that it would wait til spring.

Comment

only buy it if it comes with the seat covers and beads.

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Originally posted by big_ty2003 View Post
              only buy it if it comes with the seat covers and beads.
              Of course.No deal if not!!!

Comment

I may buy....WHAT???? I can't find it! Hey LOOk the air bags didn't go off! LOL Looks fixable from this end!

Comment

Looks like an easy fix. Does the passenger side door open and close properly?
                  Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                  '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                  '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by FestivaFan View Post
                    Looks like an easy fix. Does the passenger side door open and close properly?
                    Yes,it opens.Catches on the fender,but,once fender is fixed ..no problem

Comment

Man I love that color!
                      "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

^^I find that very difficult to believe!^^

Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                        - Unknown
                        I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                        - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                        - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Well,looks like the guy want to buy parts.Thats good because atleast another Fester will be on the road.

Comment

Working...
                          X