B6t pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B6t pics!

so while at my shop tonight i got a little curious looking at my b6t laying on the floor. finally after a bit i decided i'd take the valve cover off just for a look and the plugs out to check them. here is what i found...

the plugs looked awesome! all four looked like this one

the top end had no sludge build up at all, same with the valve cover

also cam lobes had no visible wear on them!

I also thought i might aswell check shaft play in the turbo. there was absolutely none!

i was quite happy with this. then i looked at the back of my motor and found this mystery painted frost plug.

i'm assuming this would not have been done with the motor in the car since there is no room to get a spray can down there and i still can't think of any logical reason this would be done. The clutch on this motor looked very new also. so with all these findings i'm starting to think this motor may have been rebuilt previously. i can only keep my fingers crossed

also i was wondering if anyone could tell me what the heck this is for. it's on one of the heater core hoses i believe
    A nice car is like another mans woman, you can look but do not touch!

91 civic h/b built and boosted a6/z6 and wagovan real time 4wd conversion
    68 plymouth barracuda fast back 4spd (summer car)
    91 L (RIP)
    65 plymouth sport fury 2dr convertible 440 (SOLD)
    63 plymouth valiant 2 dr sedan (SOLD)
    93 dodge dakota 5.2L 4x4 (SOLD)
    86 Ranger 2.9L 4x4 with 4inch lift (SOLD)

AND I WISH I STILL HAD THEM ALL!

the cap "T" is part of a coolant flush kit, pitch it

Comment

that paint is there as a part of warrenty its so the guy or shop that rebuilt it or the wercker that sold can tell if it has been over heated
      if it gets hot and cooks the motor that paint will run off the frost plug and the warrenty would b void
      the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
      \/\_____________FORD
      FOREVER

Comment

Working...
      X