not a lot of clearance....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not a lot of clearance....

I'm thinking of buying some aspire rear springs...

I keep getting some "rubbing" issues.

Has anyone ever done this
    Mon arme a moi, c'est un stylo.

if you want to stop the rubbing issues get some stiffer springs... the aspire ones arnt that much stiffer than the festiva ones... and dont you have the fms sport springs? the aspire ones would probably be softer than the fms ones lol... get a civic coilover kit... its easy and cheap.... but it dose make the ride a bit rough...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

squatch, the rear FMS springs are REALLY soft, i'd bet dollars to dohnuts that the aspire rears are actually stiffer.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

ya i knew that the fms ones where soft for a "sport" spring but are they really THAT soft? why is everyone wanting them then? cause they are red? lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

yeah, they're really that soft... one person in the back (145lbs) made the springs bottom out and rub hard while driving...
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I've cut Aspire springs twice. The rears are about the same as a Festiva so they won't be any stiffer. However, if you use Aspire rear struts, their bottom perch is a little higher and you should be able to raise the rear of your car a bit.

Another idea is to maybe add about 1/4" to 1/2" of rubber bushing/spacer material to the inside of your rear shock tower. Just be careful it is stable for you. Also, I ain't had my rear shocks out in awhile so I may forget how it all goes together. YMMV, etc.

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Go with Aspire struts and springs. The spring perch on Aspire struts are about 3/4" higher. Then cut about 1 1/2 coils from the springs and youre close to stock ride heighth.
              Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
              - Unknown
              I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
              - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
              - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Working...
              X