Futon Roof Rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Futon Roof Rack

I had this old Futon, and I decided to start making a roof rack out of it, here are some pics, I am going to remove the arms where the red dots are so it won't be some huge. Any ideas on how to mount it without drilling into the car?
    93 Festiva GL

1 more,
    93 Festiva GL

Comment

Looks like a wicked spoiler ha
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
      The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

I'm going to turn it into a Sprint Car.
        93 Festiva GL

Comment

Maybe add some rubber protective "feet" and use webbing straps through the doors and rear windows to attach it? It actually kinda looks doable.

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Breedlove View Post
            Any ideas on how to mount it without drilling into the car?
            I would go with rivnuts, but that requires you to drill into the car.
            '90 LX

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
              Maybe add some rubber protective "feet" and use webbing straps through the doors and rear windows to attach it? It actually kinda looks doable.

Karl
              I bought a white PVC cap that has a nut on top of it, it fits into the gutter on the roof almost perfectly.
              93 Festiva GL

Comment

Originally posted by wybnrml View Post
                I would go with rivnuts, but that requires you to drill into the car.
                I am trying to avoid it, I want to use only when I want to, but I think that is going to be my only way. I was hoping there was a way to attatch to the black strips in the gutter of the roof, but I don't know. Last summer, I strapped my kids wagon to the roof by running a Ratchet Down through the back windows and ratcheting it tight, but that can't be good for the rear window seal, but it was sturdy.
                93 Festiva GL

Comment

I cut the rails off, and it gave me another idea for this project, will post more as it progresses.
                  93 Festiva GL

Comment

Working...
                  X