Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate you!

J/K
    Driveway and garage look good with all those Festiavs filling them up! Neighbors probably dont know what to make of it either.
    Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
    - Unknown
    I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
    - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
    - Bumper Sticker

Comment

If you want a decent tranny for the shogun try out shosource on the web, they sell rebuilt sho auto and modified torque converters, and just about anything else ( bolt on ) for sho engines. They can also sell you a plug in module ( LPM) for the computer to adjust wide open shift points and other engine mods.

rcm sell all the SHO internal engine guts and gaskets....

and shonut sells high performace cams and forged pistons...

and for all the sho info you could ever want join the Sho Forum...

The Online Home of the Taurus SHO

I would leave your shogun an auto, the work to change it to a manual would require you changing the subframe and creating a bunch of crazy linkage.

The only weak spot of the SO engine is its rod bearings, guys change these things out at 60,000 miles just to be safe.

The other maintenace is check valve to cam clearance, it adjusted using replaceable shims. When changing the timing belt also swap out the water pump and crank position sensor, the water pump will leak onto the sensor killing it. ( it easyier while you have the front of the engine apart).

Just about any of the places listed above will rent you the special ford tools to do the valve clearance check with a selection of extra shims to adjust the clearance.

P.S. Whem we gonna see a write up on the car????
      Last edited by NovaSS; 03-17-2010, 07:42 AM.
      money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

^^ Yeah and more pics of it inside and out?!^^
        Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
        - Unknown
        I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
        - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
        - Bumper Sticker

Comment

i just gotp back from the jy and seen a full taurus sho just sittin there!! It had not been touched, everything is all there tranny and all......hhhmmmmm

Comment

I have yet to see a SHO in the JY with the engine/tranny still left in it. seen plenty of bodies though. Still not sure If I'm going to convert it over to manual or not. All the work is already done and it would be so easy to just plop another auto in there if the tranny is messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Collector View Post
              I have yet to see a SHO in the JY with the engine/tranny still left in it. seen plenty of bodies though. Still not sure If I'm going to convert it over to manual or not. All the work is already done and it would be so easy to just plop another auto in there if the tranny is messed up.
              I know there are a lot of taurus's in the yard by me next time I'm there ill have to see if any are sho's

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
              92 GL - parts car
              97 aspire - parts car
              87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
              http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
              Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

that is amazing... and they are all nice!!!!

is there a thread that has a rank of the people who have the most festivas?

ive got 4 lol

Comment

^^Cue Freshtiva!

Comment

lol yeah I'm sure Freshtiva would probalby win that one. I only have 5 total and I'm not getting any more unless it's a super deal. I want to put money into the ones i have instead of just getting more beaters.

Comment

Working...
                    X