Frankenstiva on Saint Paddies Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OHHHHHH shinnnney!
    Looks good - you would never know it went through what it did to get it there - it does look factory
    Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
    I wish every festiva person here could drive this car. If you are ever in the area, stop by, Ill let you. Its the way festivas should have come from the factory.
    Might have to take you up on that offer - your not that far away - I'll come in the summer and feel that air - you can follow in the Funtop (which will have air once I swap in the B8 since its temporarily removed)

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
    92 GL - parts car
    97 aspire - parts car
    87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
    http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
    Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Originally posted by Festiva_tunner View Post
      OHHHHHH shinnnney!
      Looks good - you would never know it went through what it did to get it there - it does look factory

Might have to take you up on that offer - your not that far away - I'll come in the summer and feel that air - you can follow in the Funtop (which will have air once I swap in the B8 since its temporarily removed)
      ^Come on down !! I couldnt put it back in the garage and ended up driving it to work today. Probably will tomorrow also. Suppose to snow saturday, not good with summer only tires. I was going out to the car after work and a co- worker was looking at it. He said " you know I think I like this one the best". Had to pop the hood and show him the goods. He said "nice.....nice ". I may be making some converts. Had the speedo buried a couple of times coming home. Running about 3500 RPM. Smooth, smooth, smooth... no rattles, shakes, squeaks, or any other problems, one finger effortless steering. Its a great Hwy cruiser! Ill have to get a vid for those who cant come drive it.

Oh, had to put the Frankenstiva decal on while the car was out.

Last edited by freshtiva; 03-18-2010, 05:41 PM.
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

fun

I have parts from about 15 different cars in mine too. No rear storage cover, though. I will be bringing two storage covers to Ohiostiva in May.
        Right now I'm figuring how to adapt a set of Mini Cooper lighted visors into my Frankenstiva. You're right. Every Festiva should have come with a set of Tiburon red-stitched black leather seats right from the factory.

Had these cheap little puppies been fully loaded, bigger wheels and brakes, power everything (including a little more muscle under the hood), they would have sold a lot more of them. Kind of like little Muranos.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
          I have parts from about 15 different cars in mine too. )
          I know your car has at least parts from a couple of cars, the ones I sold you anyway. An A/C system, shifter bolts, and a couple of radiator supports that I can think of. Its good to recycle festiva parts !!!
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

power windows

My bumpers are from a wrecker past the GM plant in Oshawa. My doors are from Atlanta, My rear hatch is from a wrecker in London, Ontario. The carpet is from Nevada, the engine is from a Mazda 323. The intake and carbs are from Australia, the gas tank is from L.A., the wheels are from a Geo storm, black leather seats from a Tiburon, even the lighter is from a Lincoln Continental. The only thing that is probably from that car is only the dash ,the main body shell, and the VIN identification plate. Everything else, brakes, master cylinder, wiring harness, etc. has been replaced. I even replaced the cracked front window myself. Did I mention, I even changed the speedo, and the seat belts + replaced manual steering with power steering? I need a life.

Thanks for the A/C. You don't know how much that means for my marriage.

Comment

Working...
            X