Here's Marvin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's Marvin!

And here's Marvin's shifter knob. Yeah, I really believe a little old lady was the last owner and used him to deliver bibles....

:cat:
    Proud former owner of a shineee blue '93 Festiva L. Marvin will be missed.

OMG !! That festy is gorgeous, that car looks like new, I wish mine was that clean :shock:
    ------------------------------------------------
    The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
    Smart Passion white with H-D interior
    HD2500 Duramax Chevy
    Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
    Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
    Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
    Z28 LS1 power 500 +
    90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
    It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Marvin

Black Bumper covers? Sweet shift knob!
      *1992 Sport "Beauty" and 1989 L "Beast"

Comment

In the picture he looks fantastic but he had just been washed and waxed. In the rear quarter panel on the driver's side though he has a big butt dent from my fiance' (I still want to belt him over that). Also, when you're up close you can see that Marv has lots of scratches in his paint. Just careless handling over the years is what that was. My last Marvin was in much better condition.

Eventually I want to fix the dents and scratches and get him repainted. I'm thinking I will stick with his original blue but seeing if I can get someone to airbrush Marvin the Martian onto the hood. And of course his seats are pulling loose at the seams. For now I've got covers on them (dark blue with silver stars) but eventually I either want to get them reupholstered or replaced. Probably I'll just reupholster them since I actually find the original Festiva seats pretty comfortable.

I still have plans to rip out the stupid auto seat belts and put in manual ones but everything has gone on hold until after the holidays and then I have to work on some mechanical issues before I can start on the cosmetic and convenience ones.

Comment

looking sweet
          KIA Pride 1996 1.3i LX 5dr 5speed.

Comment

looks just like my #1 , rest in peace. always will love that blue, except i had a brown interior.

Comment

Got one just like that, except with faded paint, more dents and a racing stripe!

Nice car! I wish mine were in that kind of shape!!!
              White '89L auto - Sold!
              Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Originally posted by mechanicaldj
                looks just like my #1 , rest in peace. always will love that blue, except i had a brown interior.
                That was the first thing I pulled out of my blue one...

It took 2 hours to remove the brown stuff and install grey.

Regards,

Tim
                White '89L auto - Sold!
                Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Nice car, Kitty!

Of special note are the very clean, rust-free silver wheels! Pretty rare to see them that nice.

Karl
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Marvin says thank you for the compliments.

Comment

Uncle Fester is very jealous..... HE wants a shift knob like that!
                      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

You can get them at most auto parts stores, but I do not recommend them. I can't remember who it was on this board that told me this, but they were right. In the summer that thing gets up to about 900 degrees. I branded myself on it a couple times before I put a glove over it. There is no relief in the winter either. It gets so cold you don't dare touch it with a damp hand. You'll stick!

I haven't found one I like well enough yet to replace it with. The shape of it is very comfortable in the hand. I've searched for a shifter knob from an '88 Festy (since my first Marvin's was pretty comfortable too) but there seem to be absolutely NO Festiva's in any of the local junkyards. I'll find something eventually. The glove over it works for now.

Comment

Hey Kitty, There are about 6 in a Junkyard in Greenbriar. Would you like me to snag you one? What color would you want? How many gears does your transmission have? It might be next week before I can get up there so you have plenty time to decide.

Also try buffing the scratches out. My dad had a detail shop and that's what we did most of the time. It works ok. Also try a suction type dent puller.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

I made my own shift knob. The local crafts store sells wooden balls. I drilled a hole (5/8" IIRC) and screwed it right on. You have a nice choice of sizes and you can paint or stain it whatever color you want. I am using a 3" dia ball, it improves shift feel a lot.

I am going to make another at some point that is better isolated and heavier to lessen the vibrations.
                            OX SMASH!!

Comment

gone

"Superduder may or may not be a racist ..." -Pu241

WoW it's just orwelltastic here isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                              X