Door speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door speakers

Has anyone ever installed door speakers in their Festiva? My car has no radio or speakers just a mess of wires so I don't know what is what. I would like to have just a couple of speakers with a jack that I can connect an ipod to. Any ideas about what color wire is for the power supply to the speakers?
    :study:

Welcome:wave: This should help you out. http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2123
    '90 LX

Comment

Yes, it's been done. And if you are going through the trouble of putting speakers on the doors, you should rewire them for the speakers. If you have questions let me know, I'm also in Sac.

Oscar

Comment

Originally posted by ken1678 View Post
        Has anyone ever installed door speakers in their Festiva? My car has no radio or speakers just a mess of wires so I don't know what is what. I would like to have just a couple of speakers with a jack that I can connect an ipod to. Any ideas about what color wire is for the power supply to the speakers?
        Welcome to the site!

Easiest is to just get a couple of 4" speakers and stick 'em in the dash. For an iPod, I would think you would need something to amplify the signal from the iPod to the speakers. I bought a $55 radio from Wal-Mart (Dual model # XD1222) which has inputs for an iPod on the front.

There is no "power supply to the speakers" per se; the radio supplies that to the speaker's + lead, with speaker wire. Sounds like you are not very familiar with radio wiring; get Perucho to help you out. He can probably straighten out your wiring mess.

See also my thread on installing a stock antenna, if you need to do this, in the "Custom Car Audio" section.
        Last edited by TominMO; 04-09-2010, 07:53 AM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

sweet more sacramento festivas!!!!!

what speaker spacers did you use oscar?
          I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

If I recall the door is prestamped for a 5" round speaker. Get some rubber boots from a power window set-up from another Festiva or 626 and run the wires through them to get from the body to the door. I used a 1/4" plywood spacer to have the speaker flush to the back of the panel.
            Aspires and Sways all around, Miata B6 installed, KYB G2Rs just installed in front. Wish for coil overs someday.

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaB6TG25MR View Post
              sweet more sacramento festivas!!!!!

what speaker spacers did you use oscar?
              1" spacers for 6.5" speakers but fit my 6.75" speakers just fine. Got them at Fry's for $9. The doors have a hole for a speakers but the Focals were too big and too deep to mount them there.
              Oscar

Comment

I was thinking about putting some in the door pockets and cutting a hole out for them, I am sure someone on here has tried that before. But my 6x9 3ways are too thick to get them down there.
                93 Festiva GL

Comment

I put 6.5 kickers in the doors of mine.
                  Plus a punch 10" sub in the back.
                  Pioneer 3200 head unit. Best sounding system
                  I've had in a while.
                  @ work but will take photos at
                  carolina meet tomorrow and post when I get
                  home.
                  Last edited by Team Lightning; 04-09-2010, 09:57 PM.
                  Jerry
                  Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                  90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                  92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                  93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Working...
                  X