Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple of vehicles I recently observed....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of vehicles I recently observed....

saw the first one this past weekend...I just had to turn around when I saw it... poor Cutlass

these 2 I saw a couple of weeks ago and forgot to post....they were awesome, 4 wheel drive and right hand to boot. He wants to sell one of them but I did not talk to him yet....lol, they were about the size of a Festy

"FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

#1, some people need to be taken out of the gene pool... we don't need them breeding.

#2, totally awesome! I'd rock that!
    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

DUDE!!!! that bumper on the truck looks like it may fit a festiva!

Comment

I am telling you...I bet that the wheel base and everything was REALLY close to a Festy!
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

A guy down the street from me had one of those little trucks for sale, it was also 4X4 and it had A/C.
          '90 LX

Comment

How much is the guy asking? I need a truck and that looks like it wants a turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by resuwrecked View Post
              How much is the guy asking? I need a truck and that looks like it wants a turbo.
              I can stop and find out if you would like.
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              I will sleep when I die!

Comment

It sucks you can't register them and drive them on the street. They are considered "farm use only" or something like that. It's the only thing keeping my friend from buying a Honda ACTY that's around here.
                Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

I see those little trucks everywhere where i live, and they can be used for street use. They aren't cheap though, considering their age.
                  90 Festiva L Auto - Parts
                  93 Festiva L 5 speed
                  93 Festiva LX 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                    I can stop and find out if you would like.
                    Yes, please.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisofna View Post
                      It sucks you can't register them and drive them on the street. They are considered "farm use only" or something like that. It's the only thing keeping my friend from buying a Honda ACTY that's around here.
                      They can be driven on the street here
                      89L Silver EFI auto
                      91GL Green Auto DD
                      I will sleep when I die!

Comment

Every day I see something that makes me laugh myself silly. Today, it's this.

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                        Those little trucks are cool though.
                        Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                        '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                        '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Those little trucks are classed as Kei Trucks..

I'm looking for one of the 4WD Mazda ones for the winter time...

Mazdas are just a re-badged Suzuki... but it's called a Scrum.... That alone is worth waiting the extra bit until I can find the mazda one.

Comment

Well I wonder why you can't drive them on the street here.

EDIT: Found this:

Federal safety standards don't apply to minitrucks because they are sold as off-road vehicles, even though they are permitted on public roads in some states. 15 states (Arkansas, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Utah and Wyoming) now allow minitrucks on specific portions of public roads. In Illinois and Missouri, minitrucks are allowed only by local ordinance. 4 states (Illinois, Kansas, Maine, and Tennessee) require minitrucks to comply with federal safety standards for low-speed vehicles.

The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) is an independent, nonprofit scientific and educational organization dedicated to reducing deaths, injuries and property damage from motor vehicle crashes through research and evaluation and through education of consumers, policymakers and safety professionals.
                            Last edited by chrisofna; 04-20-2010, 12:03 AM.
                            Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                            1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                            2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                            2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Same.. they're starting to appear up here as well. typically in the 5000-6500 range from the one company I know sells them. But these guys also carry accessories for them.. so this shows you a little of what they can do.

Was seriously thinking of getting one myself, but the right hand drive in blizzards I don't want to deal with.. and the reason I was going to get one was recently filled by Farmstiva.

But for a farm truck around here, at 2500 at most, I'd jump on it. Oh! The one thing.. the newest one you'll find will be 15 years old.. there's something to consider too.
                              Last edited by darrenryall; 04-20-2010, 12:48 AM.
                              Carz:
                              '09 Ford F-150
                              '80 Chrysler LeBaron Town and Country
                              '80 Volvo 240 2dr coupe

'93 Festiva GL
                              225996.9 kilometers = 140428.0 miles on the odometer
                              ...and definitely more soon..

Comment

Working...
                              X