Slate roof I am about to replace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slate roof I am about to replace

I have torn off about 30 slate or tile roofs in my life.I hate ripping them off because they are one of the best roofs ever.This one I may take of piece by piece.Labor intensive,but,in the end it may be worth it.Will update next week.They just don't make them like this anymore.If you had to buy one of these now-a-days...whoa!!!!!

Why does it have to come off?
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Yeah why are they having it taken off? Looks like other than some broken edges its in good shape.
      Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
      - Unknown
      I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
      - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
      - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
        Why does it have to come off?
        x2

That roof looks excellent. Why would anyone want to remove slate?
        Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
        '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
        '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

coming from roofing experience......they do look rather old, and when I say "roofing experience", I mean I've been up on a roof since I was 9 (I'm about to turn 20), with my dad. I've been on like two slate roofs during that time, and they didn't look like that when they were knew. So my guess is that, A) They're getting old, B) There is a leak and when I work on 1 of the 2, it had a few nasty leaks, and was hell to fix.

Comment

I have repaired many slate roofs...correctly.I , personally,would not change this roof.I'd repair it where need be and clean it.This client HAS to replace it to keep her insurance and something having to do with a loan.

Comment

Working...
            X