Scored a mazda b2200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scored a mazda b2200

So I picked up this 92 Mazda b2200. Yeah, I carbonvmaxed him. 195,000 miles, smokes like a James bond smoke screen, feels like it's running on 2.5 cylinders. But I drove it home! Doing my research now to see if I should rebuild the engine, go with a rebuilt, junkyard, etc etc. This also means I'm selling my Ranchero.

The mazda surprised me with AC (needs work), 5 speed, no rust that I've found, factory tach, tripometer, factory clock in the instrument cluster. factory mazda bedliner, new upper and lower control arms, tie rod ends, tires, brakes, fuel pump, and timing belt. I plan to use the ranchero to get the mazda right.

youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

nice!!! Wish I had the time to mess with the 'Chero! BTW, I need to pm you about your 'project'...
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Nice. I would take that B2200 over the Ranchero any day.
      Oscar

Comment

Nice dude! Good luck in your Ranchero sale!
        My friend used to have a b2000 what a turd but I loved it anyway.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
        The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
          nice!!! Wish I had the time to mess with the 'Chero! BTW, I need to pm you about your 'project'...
          Yessss!
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Needs more Probe Turbo 4 cylinder.
            Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
            1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
            2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
            2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

how much was the score ? lol
              93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
              RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
              RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

$175, drove it home. Pretty sure the tires were more than that. I'm searching "their" forum now to see about transmission compatibility. I'm afraid that even if it bolts to the trans that a BP won't have enough torque. It's for real heavy. 3200 lbs I think?

Comment

Do the probe gt engine. F2T? Isnt it already the nonturbo version of that engine?
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost
                  13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

No idea. I'm just looking to have enough power to work it. The guy that had it said it would haul a real load.

Comment

Most FWD engines are a PITA to drop int here Carbon. Dizzy can will hit the fire wall. Some have done it, but I can't find any good write ups. My plan for my 88 B, is a re-built jy short block with a re-manned head, Weber 32/34 carb, pacesetter headers and a stright shot exhaust. My truck is static dropped 4 inches all around, I have the new head and carb installed. I still get a bit of smoke if she sits to long so I may or may not do the short block. Two tone primer paint(see the pic in my sig to get the idea) 35% tint all the way around. Bucket seats, chrome stock style rims and after market gauges. I'd trade it all for a decent Festiva at this point.
                      Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

I was thinking miata bp.

Comment

im allomost sure that a f2t motor is a bolt in... and if you want to get crazy then you can get the fe3... but i cant remember for sure...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Wikipedia says that this is what I have. 1992-1993 - 2.2 L (2184 cc) F2 I4, electronic fuel injection, 93hp
                            I'm not looking to get crazy or challenging. I want dependable and good mpg. The po was claiming 27 highway mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                              $175, drove it home. Pretty sure the tires were more than that. I'm searching "their" forum now to see about transmission compatibility. I'm afraid that even if it bolts to the trans that a BP won't have enough torque. It's for real heavy. 3200 lbs I think?
                              thats awesome definately a score
                              93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                              RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                              RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Working...
                              X