Redneck hoist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redneck hoist

I had to do some welding on my exhaust at work and the fork lift made the perfect hoist

Who here has done something similar or better?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Hahahaha that's classic!!

Comment

Dangerous.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
        Dangerous.
        that's a matter of perception, my e-brake works very well so the car would not roll backwards and it's not like i lifted the car by the oil pan, so it wasn't dangerous in my eyes

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

As long as you blocked a rear wheel, I don't think it would be too dangerous. Dean would have loved it and probably done something similar if the need arose!
          1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
          1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
          Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
          website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

Hahahah thats awesome!!! Sure no problem getting underneath to do what you needed to! LOL

Comment

No matter how many times you think about it, a garage door opener will never substitute as an engine hoist.
              OX SMASH!!

Comment

Originally posted by oxbrain View Post
                No matter how many times you think about it, a garage door opener will never substitute as an engine hoist.
                lol

Comment

heres my brother's redneck lift kit (in northern ohio)

okay not really, he was swapping the motor

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                    that's a matter of perception, my e-brake works very well so the car would not roll backwards and it's not like i lifted the car by the oil pan, so it wasn't dangerous in my eyes
                    Seriously, I have lifted my F250 Diesel 4X4 with a forklift before, but I NEVER crawl under any lifted vehicle unless it is also supported with blocks or stands. A forklift is just a big hydraulic jack, and it can creep down (very fast or very slow) just like any jack can. Probably even more prone to it. In fact, there was a young man that was killed here a few years ago when he walked under a load that was suspended on a forklift. Don't trust your life to a Nitrile lip seal under pressure!
                    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Well you know... most here have seen it but....
                      I flipped over my festiva to drop the engine and transmission.
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                        Don't trust your life to a Nitrile lip seal under pressure!
                        Man, that is a very cool and true saying!

Paul! You are a BEAST!!!
                        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

lol, my grandpa lifts his 1953 Mercury 2dr hdtp with his forklift straight up, and puts old 55 gallon drums under each wheel and sets it on them lol...
                          -Josh R

Comment

Originally posted by 91blufestiva View Post
                            lol, my grandpa lifts his 1953 Mercury 2dr hdtp with his forklift straight up, and puts old 55 gallon drums under each wheel and sets it on them lol...
                            I still have (and use) a pair of Model T truck axle housings that my dad used. They were a 2pc split housing w/integral axle tubes. One end is half of the gear case so it's bell shaped. That part goes on the ground for a nice stable base. The other end is cut off at the wheel and notched so an axle tube or frame rail can rest in it.
                            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                            62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                            Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by 91blufestiva View Post
                              the ORIGINAL anti-theft device!!!
                              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                              Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Working...
                              X