1988 lx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 lx

I recently picked up this '88 LX for about $400. It has 195,000 miles on it and it doesn't leak any fluids. It has a little rust in front of the rear passenger side tire. The best part is it has WORKING A/C! I have been doing alot of stuff to clean it up on the interior and exterior. The interior was DIRTY! I took out all the seats and interior plastics and carpet for cleaning. I striped the seat covers off and washed them, they were almost black before I cleaned them, wish I had before and after pics of that. But luckily the seats were just dirty and not torn up. I scrubed all the interior plastics with soap and water. And I cleaned the carpet with it out of the car, was also very dirty but it was in good shape still. The car got the wheels off my '90 LX and I had four new Kumho tires put on them. I recently put four new struts on it. I have new Timken wheel bearings that I will be putting on it soon. It has gotten new spark plugs also. When I got it it need a passenger side door handle and some rear quarter glass screws( got them from batstiva, thanks again). I have been driving it everywhere and I have been averaging 32 MPG with the A/C on so I guess that isn't to bad. I think I might enter it for FOTM this month.

Luckily the LX interior isn't torn up and after the cleaning it is in really good shape. Even has the Cargo cover, but no underseat tray.
    It had some old nasty purple window tint on it and I scraped that off, and under neath the old window was nice Factory tinted glass.

Today I put on some Bondo Restore Black, and some new red pin striping on the bumper and they look great now. I was surprised how nice they came out.
    Before the Bumper Black.

After

Here are some of pics of how it is now.

Interior Pics.

Last edited by wybnrml; 08-03-2010, 02:59 PM.
    '90 LX

drooldrooldrooldrooldrool Nice snag! Looks very rust free. Never find one around here that rust free unless it never left the garage. Love that Bondo Restore.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Nice :thumbright:
      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
      -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
      -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
        drooldrooldrooldrooldrool Nice snag!Love that Bondo Restore.
        Yeah, that Bondo Restore really suprised me.
        Originally posted by Festiva_Fred View Post
        Nice :thumbright:
        Thanks!
        '90 LX

Comment

Good score, I can't find crap on Craigslist.
          93 Festiva GL

Comment

under seat tray?

nice car
            93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
            RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
            RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Thats a great looking car,it shows how much work you put into cleaning it top to bottom.
              An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Originally posted by skimsucka View Post
                under seat tray?
                Nope, it just has the rails.
                '90 LX

Comment

Looks very good! Congrats on the buy! Now hurry up and take care of that rust.
                  www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
                  www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
                  Snoopy's
                  4621 Atlantic Ave
                  Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

nice job looks great!
                    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Working...