A few cool cars I have seen recently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few cool cars I have seen recently

This one stopped at work a couple of weeks ago....

this one is/was for sale a couple of weeks ago...forgot to post it....

these I saw while I was in Pittsburgh this week....

"FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Love that little suzuki truck! I wish those were road legal over here.

As for the Lotus... I don't get it. Why would you pay 40K for a car that has manual windows?! They are pretty though. I work in Research Triangle Park in NC and I see them quite often.
    www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
    www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
    Snoopy's
    4621 Atlantic Ave
    Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

That Cosworth Vega engine is cool, but what happend to the Vega it came out of.
      '90 LX

Comment

what are the suzukis missing from becoming street legal in the US?
        Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
        89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
        Projects in the works:
        84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Originally posted by wybnrml View Post
          never said....said he was looking for an engine to put in the car and he found it. Seemed to know all the history and the ins and outs of the engine though. Sounded like a very knowledgeable car guy.
          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          There ain't no rest for the wicked
          until we close our eyes for good.
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by wybnrml View Post
            Probably rusted in two like all the rest of them!
            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
            62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
            Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

I love the lotus. Tiny, sweet looking. Thanks for posting.
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by Britstiva View Post

As for the Lotus... I don't get it. Why would you pay 40K for a car that has manual windows?! They are pretty though. I work in Research Triangle Park in NC and I see them quite often.
                Its weight savings. Why do you need power windows in something with two doors that you can easily reach anyway?

Theres one that runs around the local autocrosses and pretty much dominates every time. Thats why you pay 40 grand and dont get power windows.
                91GL BP/F3A with boost
                13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Or buy it used with 5k miles and save yourself $10k! Very spartan inside and not very comfortable. Maybe that's why they usually have low miles
                  Oscar

Comment

There all over the roads here... NC have some weird law regarding them?
                    '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

I wonder if the Suzuki has better reliability. Apparently the Chinese mini trucks are junk?
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

pics

i love that suzuki! tks
                        Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Those Suzuki's are all over Canada... definitely one of the popular JDM imports, especially with gardeners and such. Nothing like Delica's and Rx7's though!
                          1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

When the viper came out it had hand crank windows. Didn't even have a top. It was a race car not a celebrity show off rig.
                            The H.A.M.B.
                            http://www.jalopyjournal.com

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
                              Those Suzuki's are all over Canada... definitely one of the popular JDM imports, especially with gardeners and such.
                              Well if you compare them against a RTV like a John Deere gator or something they appear to be a good value. Many RTVs cost $10,000 + and dont appear (IMO) to offer much more utility. I dont know that much about it though.
                              sigpic
                              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Working...
                              X