Updated pics my truck project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated pics my truck project

Took vacation all last week and spent some time making some new graphics for my '97 F250HD and installing some "EBay special" items.
    I decided to remove the "bumblebee" stripe I made because it looked to Mopar-ish. Instead, I used the same $19 Rally Stripe kit from Autozone and customized it to make it look more like a '69 Mach I stripe or a Maverick Grabber.

Before (Mopar look):

After (Ford look):

I also installed a NIB Lund "backdraft" tailgate cap that I got on Ebay for $26 + $7 shipping:

Then I installed some "5.8" emblems, also from EBay:

Total investment thus far is about $1100, including the $800 I paid for the truck!

Future plans are to add some 16X8 white spoke wheels that I bought on CL for $40 (set). Figured I would paint them black and install w/chrome lug nuts. I also have a free set of used General Grabber AW 255/70R-16XL tires with about 1/4 tread that came off a 2002 F250LD that we had at work. They should ride and look better than the 10ply tires that are on it. Also want to install a factory tach, chrome tip dual exhaust, factory lower air dam under the front bumper and a set of factory front AND rear sway bars off my '82 F250HD parts truck (if they'll fit) . Let me know what you think so far...
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

The lines down the side looks really great!!! Good job!!
    www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
    www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
    Snoopy's
    4621 Atlantic Ave
    Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

Looks good. I like the horizontal stripe.
      '90 LX

Comment

I have to agree, it looks a lot better, more like a Ford

Comment

^

thats a great looking truck! that stripe looks cool!
          Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Working...
          X