New version Of Ford Festiva/Kia pride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

huge pic of dash!!!

Last edited by skimsucka; 11-22-2010, 07:36 PM.
    93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
    RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
    RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Originally posted by skimsucka View Post
      huge pic of dash!!!

this is Saipa 141 !!!

Comment

Do you think that passenger side cutout above jocky box is a air bag?
        Aspires and Sways all around, Miata B6 installed, KYB G2Rs just installed in front. Wish for coil overs someday.

Comment

Originally posted by Biff View Post
          Do you think that passenger side cutout above jocky box is a air bag?
          Either that or a place to look like one.

I want the steering wheel.
          Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
          1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
          2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
          2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

I doubt our State Department would allow a Conex full of anything from Iran without some special wrangling. Just the political situation, folks.

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

air bags

Yes, those are air bags. It used to be only in the steering wheel. It's also in the dash now.

Comment

Originally posted by NicholasJackson View Post
                Im so chasing lights, dash and cetre console.

retro fit here i come.

i bet you they are pretty close to just bolting up if they dont just bolt up from looking at the front fender and doors it doesnt look like they changed it much maybe you will need the radiator support and metal behind the headlights to make the swap easy. im in on this tho getting prices tonight thats all i need to do to put the rwd festy over the top
                YOU WILL HEINZ 57!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
                  Guys, a new Festiva to the US means the return of massproduced parts, as well as the possibility that body kits and maybe even rear discs would be available. The engine looks as though it's exactly the same, and with a two-door version, sales would surpass that of the Fiesta, because that would mean that the Fiesta would no longer register as Ford's low-end offering. Those who remember, even though they may not be on the boards, would buy another one. I suggest we start a petition to bring the Festiva back to the US. Anyone interested?
                  I'd be interested in signing up!!
                  www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
                  www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
                  Snoopy's
                  4621 Atlantic Ave
                  Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

I've gotta throw my 2 cents in.... If federal regulations for safety wouldn't allow this car to be in the USA, then how are these smaller electric cars making it to the market? I just read an article tonight about a "think" electric cars being used as city vehicles in Indiana.

Just curious....
                    www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
                    www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
                    Snoopy's
                    4621 Atlantic Ave
                    Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

I would take this in a heartbeat...to have the pair.
                      I would do the b6t swap to it,i would carry 4 passengers in the festiva and load the saipa with slick and tools...and hit the racetrack!!!

Last edited by MEXTIVA; 12-22-2010, 11:58 PM.
                      06 vw Bora
                      09 Nissan Versa
                      fastest B6T is back!!!
                      http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/785928

Comment

Certain low speed "urban" cars have restrictive rules as to how much the top speed is, what roads they can use, etc. Here is an ad that shows some legal considerations and a proposed legislative change in NM:

This domain name is registered and secured with Crazy Domains, a world leader domain name and web hosting provider.

Now if you want to buy a "Think" electric car, here is the "sales" page for the U.S.:

I don't "think" they're being used on U.S. highways yet. There may certainly be some test vehicles here though.

I could be wrong about this. I do know the old Gem electric car was limited to slower speeds. We have a few Gems at OSU, but the campus proper is a slow speed road environment. Most speeds are below 25 mph. (I've seen Gators, golf carts and forklifts being driven on campus streets.)

The idea of a "medium speed" category sounds good to me. I would certainly support it, and it would help with our growing electric car industry by making them more practical for more folks.

Karl
                        Last edited by Safety Guy; 12-23-2010, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

Ha! The Saipa Nasim has the fold down bed, too!

Ah, drooooooollllllll.............

Karl

Comment

I googled "Nasim." It appears to be a female name. For example, there is a Nasim Pedrad on Saturday Night Live.

Plus, the Nasim Safari.

Both pics attached below! You'll have to guess which is which.

Get a load of those three spoke wheels and the rear spoiler!

Umm, wrap 'em up. I'll take 'em both!

Karl
                              Last edited by Safety Guy; 12-23-2010, 11:27 AM.

Comment

I wonder if and more importantly how much Zarinparts Co. would charge to ship a complete Saipa dash over here.

Comment

Working...
                                X