Sexy Strut Brace..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sexy Strut Brace..

Re-did my FMS strut brace after class at school. Beadblasted the mounts, they were blue with flaking paint and rusty before. Also sanded most the scratches out of the brace then polished it. BC/CC'ed the mounts, turned out really good

-93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
    -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
    -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Replicate. plzkthxbai
    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Some on the car pics.

Makes the rest of the car look bad! :lol: sometime the rest of the car will be as nice too..

-93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.

Comment

How much in parts and money did it take to build that? I want to do that to my festiva as well. Looks great man!

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
        91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

Originally posted by devon527 View Post
          How much in parts and money did it take to build that? I want to do that to my festiva as well. Looks great man!
          Thanks! I bought the Brace from a member here a while back for $60, it's a FMS one. The rest was just labor time, no material cost. Used leftover paints we had at school.

Comment

Originally posted by Festiva_Fred View Post
            Makes the rest of the car look bad! :lol: sometime the rest of the car will be as nice too..
            LOL

That's bad? I wish mine looked as "bad" as yours!

Beautiful job on the strut brace :thumbup:
            Last edited by JPT; 12-18-2010, 01:19 PM.
            Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
            '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
            '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by JPT View Post
              LOL

Lol yeah, to me it looks "bad" haha.. I want everything to be repainted nicely and done perfect on it. I guess going to school for Auto Collision Repair has that effect on you everything we do in there we have to do perfect.. and thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by JPT View Post
                LOL

Yeah i might as well junk my car, cuz if you consider yours bad, then mine is hidiously terrible. lol jkjk

Once i do my B6 swap I am gonna build or buy one of those!

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
                91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

Originally posted by devon527 View Post
                  Yeah i might as well junk my car, cuz if you consider yours bad, then mine is hidiously terrible. lol jkjk

Once i do my B6 swap I am gonna build or buy one of those!
                  haha :lol: Good luck finding one! I got lucky on getting this one. And the rest of my car isn't the greatest.. tons of dents all over it, and a few rust spots that need to be taken care of. But it's still a very solid start for my project, good luck on your B6 swap

Comment

Hey Fred I know I've probably already asked this and I'm sure you mentioned it in one of your other threads, but what color/paint did you use in the bay of your festy?
                    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Originally posted by lanemeyer14 View Post
                      Hey Fred I know I've probably already asked this and I'm sure you mentioned it in one of your other threads, but what color/paint did you use in the bay of your festy?
                      It was some Rustoleum spray bomb stuff, can't remember the exact name of the color, if I find a can I'll let you know. The bay is going to get stripped and repainted the right way sometime..

Comment

Originally posted by Festiva_Fred View Post
                        It was some Rustoleum spray bomb stuff, can't remember the exact name of the color, if I find a can I'll let you know. The bay is going to get stripped and repainted the right way sometime..
                        Well it still looks nice. Any plans on what color you're gonna paint it the right way?
                        "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Originally posted by lanemeyer14 View Post
                          Well it still looks nice. Any plans on what color you're gonna paint it the right way?
                          Thanks, color matched to the car whatever color I end up painting it (haven't decided yet) or a similar color as to what it currently is but bc/cc instead.

Comment

Looks great Fred! I can only aspire to do that well someday. I think a large building of my own may be required, though.

Good job on the strut brace, too. You're doing things RIGHT.

Karl
                            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                            X