New Yaris!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Yaris!

Just picked up a new to me 2008 Toyota Yaris Sport Liftback. After having an episode with my green car I decided that I needed something that isn't another project. Just got it last night. Only 36,000 miles. Will have better pictures eventually but it is blizzardous today.

To anyone concerned, this shouldn't affect my B6T project too much. Also will likely make a feeler thread for my green car and other miscellaneous items at some point.
    -Donny
    -1992 Festiva GL
    B6D/E-series.
    -1991 GL
    BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Nice!! Don't really know why, but I'm kind of partial to the instrument cluster being in the middle like that. :dontknow:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

if my speedo was in the middle the first thing that would happen would be me getting a speeding ticket
      Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
      89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
      Projects in the works:
      84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

You ain't selling that car out from under me man. My BP needs it.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Looks cool! I wanted one of those when they first came out.... Wish I had gotten it.
          www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
          www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
          Snoopy's
          4621 Atlantic Ave
          Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

Is it just me or can anyone else feel (pretty close anyway) how fast they're going by the gears. I rarely look at the speedo in town but I did miss it on another car that I owned in the past. I drove it about a week before I replaced the speedo and was uncomfortable all the while. It was an automatic though.

That's a nice ride. I drive older cars because they're usually a better value but truth be told I'd love to be driving a new car like that. It's awesome to drive a car with no squeaks, creaks, groans, weird issues (or smells). ENJOY!!
            1992 Flamestiva with matching Festrailer
            1994 Mercury Capri XR2 turbo
            1992 Aerostar "Hot Wheels" custom
            FoMoCo toy car collector for 20 years

Comment

I have had several Echos (the Yaris pred) and I like the speedo in the center better!

The nice thing about those cars is all the space for storing stuff!

I had the 05' Echo Hatchback (not in US) and I LOVED IT!

Comment

Originally posted by tulsacarman View Post
                Is it just me or can anyone else feel (pretty close anyway) how fast they're going by the gears.
                I drive by gears around town too.

Congrats,nice car.
                91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                  You ain't selling that car out from under me man. My BP needs it.
                  Come get it. Bring me lots of money. Lol
                  -Donny
                  -1992 Festiva GL
                  B6D/E-series.
                  -1991 GL

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

As usual, the US misses out on some cool cars, like your Echo hatch. wonder if I could go to Canada and get one? Hmmmmmmm.
                    If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                    Mark S.

Comment

Nice car! Exactly what I would get if I ever get another car.....well, either a yaris or import an echo hatch from canada
                      "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

I do like the Echo sedan, preferring the two door model with 5 speed, but in a couple years I'll probably check out obtaining a Canadian hatchback model.

I may end up transitioning to multiple Echoes, just like my multiple Festivas!

Karl
                        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

After having the Festivas I don't think I could go back to a sedan.
                          -Donny
                          -1992 Festiva GL
                          B6D/E-series.
                          -1991 GL

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

come to think of it I think I'll possibly try to get a 5spd Yaris eventually...
                            Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                            89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                            Projects in the works:
                            84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Rented a Yaris in Chicago for 3 days. I never could find the speedometer. Other than that I liked the car.

Comment

Working...
                              X