Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got pics!!!

Feel free to name him/her

The thing is still filthy, I will tear it completely down come spring to clean, de-rust, undercoat, touch-up paint, etc. But here is how it sits now, decked out with paper delivery supplies.

Enjoy?
    Buck.
    -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
    -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
    -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Looks like that car has gone through Hell and back... but yet she's still running strong! Festiva FTW! Haha

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
    91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

I probably have the parts you need to do a manual to automatic windsheild wiper swap. And Im close.
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by devon527 View Post
        Looks like that car has gone through Hell and back... but yet she's still running strong! Festiva FTW! Haha
        Yeah I don't believe there is a panel that isn't dented.... lol. But it runs/drives friggin perfect!
        Buck.
        -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
          I probably have the parts you need to do a manual to automatic windsheild wiper swap. And Im close.
          That would be GREAT. Nothing like a loose wiper arm slamming off the side of the windshield scaring the BALLS OFF OF you as you're trying to merge on the highway! Haha. I'm almost tempted to remove the pass side one as dumb as that sounds but I'll probably leave it for now.

The motor works, its just crap fell apart down in the cowl I guess.
          Buck.

Comment

Ah, there's something about a plain white wrapped Festiva...

Just so basic and uncomplicated.

Now get a cheap seat cover put on your one torn up seat, at least!

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by devon527 View Post
              Amazing how many Festivas I see that look they should not be able to get out of their own way. And yet they still get up and go every morning.:happy7:

Nice snag! Is that just plastic wrap over the grill, or is it a little, um, less redneck than that?

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I have all the under cowl linkage, its yours for the taking. Plus I have a festiva thats the identical twin to yours.
                Last edited by freshtiva; 01-29-2011, 10:14 AM.
                sigpic
                The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

My buddy has his truckstiva, we jump it and go everywhere with it. Looks like crap but it's our lake rig and barely runs. Love it though!

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
                  91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

Umm--just curious what the plastic wrap is for? My Herbie wears a rubber over the hood vents when we get ice or snow otherwise my wipers freeze up for some reason

Comment

It's white duct tape, to keep bay temps up in the winter.

Lately, I've removed all seat belt components except for the drivers seat, all rear inner panels, etc. I managed to pop some dents out from the inside as well

I fitted some thin plywood in the back after removing spare tire + components (HOLY CRAP the spare is bigger than the regular rims!? LOL) and laid indoor/outdoor carpet down. It looks awesome!

I found some NASTY rust though. :/
                      Buck.

Comment

Oh utility festivas are the best kind. enjoy! Can't wait to see progress.
                        1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Good news and bad news:

Bad news- The body metal where the drivers side wiper mounts rusted away, effectively making everything worthless.

Good news- I removed EVERYTHING. That means +1 aerodynamics +1 weight reduction -1 leaking tank and -2 annoyances. (would bump wiper switch and not realize it, motor would kill battery, wiper would fall off edge of windshield scaring the crap out of me)
                          Buck.

Comment

Yes, that is OUTSIDE you see! From INSIDE the car!
                            Buck.

Comment

Yum, 28.8 MPG Y'ALL!!!!!
                              Buck.

Comment

Working...
                              X