No announcement yet.

Sonic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wanted to play on the whole SVT (special vehicle team). Because it isn't everyday you see a cobra or a lightning or a turbo'd Festiva. Besides I love the color. I'm down to paint them all sonic blue lol.
    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

^^ Sounds good to me! Fire up the compressor and break out the spray guns!! :thumbright:
      If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
      Zulu Ministries

Comment

Really nice on that festiva there. I've considered that color for my srt-4 more than once. It sure beats the nitro yellow green some have done which just doesnt look right on a 4 door.
        1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

After a bath.
          1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

I love it. What I like the most about your paint job is you kept the black around the window's, I think thats the best look for a festy.
            -Josh R

Comment

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
              After a bath.
              What tint % do you have?
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
              The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

20% sides and fronts. 5% back window and front windshield strip.

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Jimppppppppppppppp
                  Buck.
                  -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                  -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                  -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
                    20% sides and fronts. 5% back window and front windshield strip.
                    How do you like it? Would you go 15% or are you happy with the 20? 20 looks pretty good to me. I like it to be almost blacked out but I still want to be able to see at night so I was thinking 20%
                    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

I must say if I had plans for a paint spray booth and proper sprayer, the money to do it all up right, etc. I'd choose that Sonic Blue! It looks a lot like my perfect dark blue.

Fortunately for ya'll I'm planning on the "fifty dollar paint job" using whatever Rustoleum blue I can get, perhaps with some black in it to darken it up.

Rolled on, of course.

Karl
                      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I would like to go darker I have 15% on my truck and I love it with the 5% back. I probably will redo it soon since it isn't the best job. 18% is the legal limit in Florida. So anything under they can check but only on the driver and passenger windows does it matter.

This was the first car I ever painted. And I can say I did it for under $200. I love the color because at night it almost looks black.

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

love that garage!
                          Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

it was a commercial spray in truck bedliner booth lol

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Bring'ng it back!

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Working...
                                X