No announcement yet.

Picked up a little trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it was! I bet that was a work horse!
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I pull Festiva's with my 88 carby and a 5-speed, never been outta 4th towing but still knocks down 38-40 mpg. A tad sluggish on take off and you have to leave plenty of braking room while pulling a car, but overall they tow very well with a b3. I have even pulled some with brakes hanging up and all kinds of crazy things.
      91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
      82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
      85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
        1990new, that looks like a good mounting system. The only improvement I can think of would be to put a semicircle of steel (like the Curt mount) under the spare tire well with three or four through bolts to spread the force out a little bit more. That's probably unnecessary though.
        An excellent idea. You comment spurred me to check further.
        This is a homemade hitch that was on another Festiva that I bought and then sold (the one in the pictures on www.festivacentral.blogspot.com showing the carpet and padding being replaced). It's been almost four years since I installed the hitch on Junkyard Save. After I read your comment I went out and took the spare tire out to check to see if I had installed reinforcement inside the spare tire well. The only reinforcement is a big washer and instead of two attach points, there is only one at the end of the bar (the tapered end in the picture). Had no problems with it though. I think most of the pressure is on the tow hook attach points.

Comment

youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
          X