Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally found the rattle around my rear tire...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally found the rattle around my rear tire...

everyday i drive home and every little bump i hit i hear this metal on metal rattle coming from the drivers rear tire area. looked a few times and beat on the tire and other parts of the car and tonight i finally find out what the rattle is....

2 14mm sockets that had somehow gotten in the frame area from the previous owner.. How funny is that...

Wow! Nice find.
    Beastiva - 89 L Auto

Comment

Glad it wasn't something else.
      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

e of the easiest fixes i have ever tackled...lol

Comment

Scenario one: So he lost one in the frame, went out and bought another, then lost that one too!

Scenario two: A mortal enemy of the PO broke into his car and put them there, to drive him crazy.

Scenario three: A Festy lover did it, then offered to buy the car....
          Last edited by TominMO; 05-07-2011, 04:19 PM.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

One guy bought a new GM car once and drove it home with a constant rattle in the door. It drove him nuts. He took it back to the dealership. When they opened up the panelling and looked in the door, there was a bunch of factory tools. Apparently, the boys on the line missed one of the cars that they used to smuggle out a bunch of tools. The factory was notified to keep an eye on them.

Comment

That's great. I should do that next time I want a cheap car, lol.
              1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
              Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
              daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
              A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                Scenario one: So he lost one in the frame, went out and bought another, then lost that one too!

Scenario two: A mortal enemy of the PO broke into his car and put them there, to drive him crazy.

Scenario three: A Festy lover did it, then offered to buy the car....
                Gotta go with #1 on that one. Used to bring half a dozen 14mms everytime I went to the JY just in case I had to pull Aspire swap . Now I have my big 1/2 deepwell thats too long to fit all the way in there
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Sweet relief! That stuff drives me bonkers!
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by Ford 0.5 View Post
                    everyday i drive home and every little bump i hit i hear this metal on metal rattle coming from the drivers rear tire area. looked a few times and beat on the tire and other parts of the car and tonight i finally find out what the rattle is....

2 14mm sockets that had somehow gotten in the frame area from the previous owner.. How funny is that...

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...-5/sockets.jpg

Glad you found it. That would freaking drive me NUTS!
                    88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                    88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                    91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                    93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

Working...
                    X