No announcement yet.

Festiva with a roll cage and what not. updated 3/12 pix->

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah i have already auto crossed the festy and with the damn mercury wheels i had the inside wheel spinning on tight corners. I guess i will have to be easy with the throttle with the new motor. I also plan on doing to DE days and possibly some track days at limerock with SCCA since i am a member :twisted:

It should be interesting to do! :?

Edit: I might look into doing a serious wide body and trying to run 225's or wider tires. But that is much farther down the road than i even want think about. I just want the car to be running as of now :roll:
    Ian Carr
    88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
    99' S70 T5M- faster DD
    86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

I wouldn't use anything larger then a 15x6.5" wheel... and even then, you still may have issues with rubbing. A 16" would definately be out of the question, even with the smaller diameter coilovers that you and I have.

Theres a point at which the spring/strut doesn't become the source of interference any more, and you run into problems with rubbing the axle beam, wheel well, and fender lips.

Plus 16" wheels would look out of place on such a tiny car. :lol:
      * Retired Festiva-er*
      1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
      B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

Fred, i ment to say 15x6.5 :?

And like i said going to a really wide tire is much farther down the road. If i did that i would flare the fenders and put spacers in.
        Ian Carr
        99' S70 T5M- faster DD

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

But spacers ruin wheel bearings!
          * Retired Festiva-er*
          1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!

Comment

Nip and tuck! :shock: Or is it Pull And roll?
            You could fit 16x7.5 + in there with a crazy man offset. Then run a 195 tire for a stretch, roll and pull the fenders.

But like Fred said wheel bearing and suspension geometry pay the price.

Comment

Why use 7.5" wide wheels for 195 tires?

I think 195s would be optimized with 6.5" wide wheels. Extra wheel width is just extra weight and trouble.

Now 225s or 235s....

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I guess EVOGUN is talking about that gay stretched tire look that all the VW boys seem to think looks good because its all "euro".
                * Retired Festiva-er*

Comment

Saftey guy and b6t, why would you put 195's on a 6.5 inch wheel. 6.5 inchs is only 165 mms. If you put 195's on that wheel it would have way to much sidewall flex, specially for racing...

a 7.5 inch wheel is 190 mm :?
                  Ian Carr
                  99' S70 T5M- faster DD

Comment

Originally posted by B6T
                    I guess EVOGUN is talking about that gay stretched tire look that all the VW boys seem to think looks good because its all "euro".
                    It is gay, but works with a pull and tuck. Just giving options if he wants a fat rim.

Comment

Saftey guy and b6t, why would you put 195's on a 6.5 inch wheel. 6.5 inchs is only 165 mms. If you put 195's on that wheel it would have way to much sidewall flex, specially for racing...

a 7.5 inch wheel is 190 mm
                      Actually if you are going to be using R Compound tires on them, then the sidewall flexing is a moot point because the tire doesn't flex, secondly have you ever seen a 195 tire on a 7.5" rim? It looks ridiculous (gay) as Fred and Evo said because the actual contact patch of a 195 tire is NOT nearly wide enough for it, you seriously have to STRETCH the sidewall to the lip, in fact I don't know of any road racers/autox'rs that do that, they match the tire with the rim so that the sidewall is even with the edge of the rim not curving inward as would be the case with 195's on a 7.5" rim... -Kyle
                      Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

well i dont know enough about tire sizes and wheels to argue any thing so im just gona shut up

Tire rack sudgest 195's for a 6.5 inch wheel so ill get 195s lol :roll:
                        Ian Carr
                        99' S70 T5M- faster DD

Comment

LOL :lol: that would be a perfect fit BTW... -Kyle
                          Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

nice progress! i like the fmic and your roll cage. i also like your valve color paint. was it rattle can or was it a spray gun. you can see the throttle body reflecting in the paint! looks sweet.
                            -rev till the valves float grab second and haul ass-

Comment

It was a spray paint kit ("anodize look" 8) ). Got it at advanced auto parts haha. Wait till you see the new intercooler pipes on it!! STAY TUNED!
                              Ian Carr
                              99' S70 T5M- faster DD

Comment

WELL ITS GETTING THERE... fuel pump is in, intercooler pipes are done(THANK GOD). For any one in the future looking to do intercooler pipes... buy your self 90* silcone hoses, it WILL make your life easier..

injoy :roll:

Ian Carr
                                99' S70 T5M- faster DD

Comment

Working...
                                X