More Randomness for the Gallery...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Randomness for the Gallery...

I want to do a satin window treatment to my car so they always look like this. I don't like glossy on resuwrecked.

'88 all ready to have engine/trans yanked for turbodiesel swap!

late 70's Cub. I started out on this one when I was little. Cut great until I ran it out of oil when I was like 8. Anyone have a 14hp Kohler?

Some turbo planning after a day of junkyardin' with Schad last weekend.

Schads bp swap covered in turbos. This is the proper way to acclimate an engine to the addition of boost. Lol.

I'm about to put my fi swapped stiva on the road. I think its time for the return of the FLESH EATING ROLLERSKATE!!!1!

i liked the FLESH EATING ROLLERSKATE, it was cool

also, i spy a new wastegate... your ebay one take a dump or did you like the purple better? lol....
    Last edited by sasquatch; 05-10-2011, 09:55 PM.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Good eye Mike. The old wastegate started leaking and the body coming loose so I got a new one to match the Greddy type-s. I took the old gate apart and found the retaining nut on the end of the valve stem came loose. I tightened it back up and its good as new. The ebay gates are the same crap as the 3-4-500$ crap if you ask me.

If my new gate wasnt so pretty and matching with the bov and all I'd swap it back out for the old one. The old one reacted different and just felt better. I might put it back on.

Comment

ya im sure an ebay one would do just fine for the power ill be making in the festiva but im gonna get a nice synapse one to go with that sweeeeet bov i just picked up

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Can you give us the Flesh eating roller skates wheels and tyres.. look to me stock with orange around the edges.. and the tyres are ?

Comment

aspire wheels with 205/60/13 BFG tires. they looked awesome, pretty wide.

Comment

looks like i shalt be getting hold of a set of those.. the BFG tires make it look a lot like goodyear racing tires

Comment

I had that setup back in like 2005, I cant remember if the tires on aspire wheels would clear the rear spring perches. I had a set of coilovers on the car then. I also had to roll the fenders.

Comment

Did someone say "turbo diesel swap?" Tell us more!

Also, 205s on 4.5" wide Aspire rims? I'd go no less than 5.5" wide rims, but that's me. I have this fear of tires rolling off wheels on hard corners!

Karl
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                    Did someone say "turbo diesel swap?" Tell us more!

Also, 205s on 4.5" wide Aspire rims? I'd go no less than 5.5" wide rims, but that's me. I have this fear of tires rolling off wheels on hard corners!

Karl
                    Yes I said it. 1.6 VW turbo diesel from a Rabbit. I should be settled into my new house by mid june so thats when that project will start. Gotta do something to save money on fuel. I can centrifuge waste oil from work and run it on that and I wont have to pay anything for fuel. WOOT. It all started when i got a mercedes 300cdt last year for a stiva swap but the mercedes was too sweet to part out so I keopt it as a driver.

The extra wide tires on skinny wheels looked sweet man.

Comment

Nice!! Hope you can do a good write up, too.

Karl
                      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I forgot all about the FLESH EATING ROLLERSKATE!!! thats great stuff.

Comment

I don't have a14hp kohler, but I've got a 20hp Kohler commander that might get you somewhere... And I'd even be able to arrange a part way meet somewhere at or near MD/PA border to alleviate shipping costs.

I was gonna dry sump it and run it upright against a 6sp from a YZ250, all on a shifter chassis, but gave up on it in favor of other things.

Its still on the hydro- drive Yard Man tractor...

Comment

Hallelujah my thread has been blessed!
                            Christ, the name jokes won't last too long, lol. So is the mounting pad for the 20hp the same as the 14 and is the distance from mounting pad to crank centerline the same? sounds like it may work.

Oh, and step 1 of the diesel swap has been done. I got the car running and driving and parked it in the shop where the swap will take place!

Comment

I have no clue whether it will bolt up, need the motor plate drilled, or what.

If you're REALLY SUPER UBER interested, I can pull the motor and measure it, take pics, etc.

The name jokes actually don't bother me. Its pronounced like Kristin, without the "in". I'm on a bunch of forums under the same u/n, the jokes are all the same lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X