Westiva 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westiva 2011

Hey all, well another great day at Westiva, Thanks a bunch again to Fastivaca and to his Family for helping out... That cake was so good...mmmm...

We ended up with 6 cars showing up which was still good, and we could not have asked for nicer weather...

I ended up with a leaky radiator though so that wasn't to good. Especially when we were an hour away from Calgary... But then thanks to my dad and the internet I was able to repair the radiator in the campground...

I used pepper... yup just plain old ground pepper, I thought at least it will get me to PnP in Calgary to grab a rad... Well I got to calgary, grabbed the rad and some other goodies and though what the heck this thing isn't leaking, I will just keep going and watch the temp gauge, which I also fixed in the campground...lol... Well wouldn't you know it that pepper held up all the way back home, like 850kms... I was super impressed, Now I can flush the system and put the other rad in...

Well here are some pics, I got some video too but it needs editing first...

90 festiva BP/G25MR swap, spec v seats, aspire brakes, FMS springs, round headlight conversion with HID's, custom exhaust, fiberglass hood, and a whole lotta bodywork
    BEFORE AFTER

Looks like a nice little meet! Thanks for the pics.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Thanks, here's the video I just roughed up...

90 festiva BP/G25MR swap, spec v seats, aspire brakes, FMS springs, round headlight conversion with HID's, custom exhaust, fiberglass hood, and a whole lotta bodywork
      BEFORE AFTER

Comment

Sweet!
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I wish I could have made it!

Comment

all of those cars look great & the scenery is magnificent! great job on the pics & video, i really like those rims on fastivacas car
            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

next year mine will be ready, and ill be there im very bummed out that i couldnt make it this year (and i know i say this every year but this year im feeling lucky...) next year it will be boosted i just piucked up some more parts today and im gonna start ordering some stuff and slowly pluging away at it

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
                i really like those rims on fastivacas car
                I have to admit that those "rims" are actually hubcaps off an early Dodge Neon. My son's fiance was getting rid of her car and the hubcaps got left behind. She gave them to me to pass on to someone but I thought that I would see what they looked like. As much as I dislike hubcaps in general, I was quite surprised how good they look... much better than just plain steel wheels. They will come off when the current tires wear out and I put on the mesh wheels I posted in this post.

I'm working on the photos I took and will post the best a bit later.
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada
                93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

postman101 your car is so ***clean i love it... sorry i couldnt make it out, i was busy doing random junk for the race this weekend, next year i wont leave my work on my miata till the bitter end!

Comment

Although numbers were down from last year my family and I really enjoyed the day! It was great to see some new people and put faces to names! It was nice to see the red cars outnumber the white ones this year.

Gary came out from Calgary again with his '90 LX which he bought new. He brought his wife and one of his boys in spite of just recently having had back surgery! Other than a few more miles on the odometer the only other change to his car was the repainted wheels. Speaking of the odometer... his reads just over 310,000km (192,000 miles).

Littlehoe was there again, making his third appearance. Brad came out with his son all the way from Prince Albert, SK. Had a great time visiting with them at the campsite on Friday night. He says there is some work planned on the car in the near future but I'm not going to spoil the fun and tell you now .

Hotrodin4me came all the way from Victoria BC and won the long distance award. My boys and I shared the campsite with him on Friday night and had a great time talking Festivas! He was having trouble with his wheels and had a really bad vibration or wobble over 50mph so it made a long trip even longer but we're glad he perservered!

Postman101 made it... on time this year... with his BP ITB car. He had some "fun" with the computer on the road from Saskatoon SK and we were glad to see him. I set up a "fan favorite" vote that everyone there could participate in. Postman won it this year and a well deserved win it was. His car is very well put together and I'm sure he'll get all the little quirks figured out soon.

Rustedskunk arrived from Airdrie, AB (just north of Calgary) with his gold colored Festiva. Can't remember what year it was but it is a GL Sport and was originally red. It's riding on 13" wheels and is in line for a bunch of work over the summer; one project is replacing the headlights with the correct Festiva ones. He may be relatively new to the forum but he's no stranger to Festivas having owned them since 1994.

Here's a couple of general shots...

Taken before Gary and Rustedskunk arrived.

On the way from Wedge Pond up to the Boulton Creek Trading Post, our ice cream stop.

One of many bighorn sheep and mountain goats spotted on the day.

A big thank you to everyone who came! Mark July 14th, 2012 on your calendars for Westiva 2012!
                    Ian
                    Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                      Mark July 14th, 2012 on your calendars for Westiva 2012!
                      done and done

thanks for the pics

4 years and still no turbo cars

next year we have to have a track day before or after the meet... drag or something with bends, i dont care, as long as i get my speed fix also, i may need a shop to swap my trans after lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                        thanks for the pics
                        You're welcome!

4 years and still no turbo cars
                        We're waiting for you
                        Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post

We're waiting for you

my car had a turbo motor in it... but it never ran lol... stupid b6t wiring...

im gonna try my best to make it there next year...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

next year mine will be ready, and ill be there im very bummed out that i couldnt make it this year (and i know i say this every year but this year im feeling lucky...) next year it will be boosted i just piucked up some more parts today and im gonna start ordering some stuff and slowly pluging away at it
                            I take it you got my package, then? Hit me up on MSN sometime soon!
                            1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

thanks for sharing the photos & the stories with those of us who couldn't make it, much appreciated!!
                              1979 Civic - Work in Progress http://myhondafestish.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X