Gone But Not Forgotten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gone But Not Forgotten

Ms. Betsy is now gone but not forgotten. We sold Ms. Betsy the other day to people from the new MTV TV series the Inbetweens that they are filming in Orlando, Fl. We will miss her, but hey its not often you can say you use to own that car.

betsy2.jpg

92 GL was red automatic Ms Va., now Zinc Yellow

Where in Orlando?
    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Are you kidding me? Theyre gonna destroy that car. Screw MTV. You know how many of your fellow festiva lovers could have used such a clean body? Im 99% positive it means nothing to them.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

not sure where yet they are going to let me know next month.
        no there wont destroy it, maybe if paint it yellow is destroying it
        then i guess so. they bought extra doors and other parts to us in scenes
        so they can do break away scenes

Comment

^^ glad to know they get to smash some parts along with that beautiful silver body...

What is that show about? I don't keep up with MTV at all and will not be watching the show, but I'm curious why they would need a festiva badly enough to come all the way up from Orlando to get it. Calling the FL Crew! Ya'll should find out where they are filming and crash the party and save it! Maybe Greg can R/T it, providing of course that is equipped with AC
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Yeah Im extremely disappointed about this... I woulda brought a rusty northern body and traded you and a bit of cash.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

damn. I would have killed for a car that clean.
              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
              Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

here is a youtube link to the english verison of the show

subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdF5u0ggeSETozc8fsprjcwComic Relief - The Inbetweeners rev it up on Rude Road Trip.Facebook link -http://www.face...

Comment

hmmm... a door got crunched off... and that was only a two minute clip... now do ya believe me?
                  No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

moderator can close this posting. I'm sorry i said anything about it. Thought it would be nice for everyone to know one of are own little cars was going to be on TV. Man i was wrong. To those that believe it will be destroyed i will be buying it back in Jan 2012 after they are thru with it. enough said i done with website

Comment

I don't know about MTV, but I heard that Universal Studios is required to crush all cars purchased for movies to avoid law suits. I sincerely hope you haven't just been taken.
                      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

I hope this isn't the end...
                        Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                        89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                        Projects in the works:
                        84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Another car sacrificed to the Festiva gods... By a guaranteed crappy show.
                          Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                          1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                          2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                          2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

In all fairness, I think it'd be pretty cool to say you owned a car that's on a TV show. Not to mention the interest in Festivas that the show may generate could save more than a few from the crusher. It was his car, he was allowed to do whatever he wanted with it. Even if abusing a poor Festy is blasphemous to most of us. :p
                            BP, Aspire brakes, stock trans.

Comment

point taken & he can sell to who he wants but since he is on this site i wish he would have posted it for sale here first for someone who loves festivas to have given it a good home!
                              Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Working...
                              X