Late night snack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late night snack

We got home last night around 11pm, why so late you ask, as you know we went to the car show in the morning and while we were visiting with Mark the owner of the Festy truck he told us of a 90L for sale so yup had to check it out and we did buy it, pic's to come later, Then we went to the National Ballon Classic at Indianola, about 50 miles to the west of where we live, we drove in the driveway and as the lights panned across the tomato plants, yup there were a couple of nice ripe ones just hagging out so i snatched them up and this is what happened to them.
    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Man, I'd kill for a couple of those right now. Those looks amazing! Pair that with some cold unsweetened iced tea and a side of freshly cut garden cucumber. Mmmm Mmmm.

1993 Ford Festiva L ($650)
    Mazda 1.8L BP - PaceSetter Header (in progress)
    Aspire Swap - 15x6.5 wheels, 205/50/15 tires
    >> Photo Album <<

Comment

Or shave them and use them as trimming on a nice buffalo chicken sandwich! drool
      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Dagwood would be proud! (for those of you that read newspaper comic strips)
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Man, I'd kill for a couple of those right now. Those looks amazing! Pair that with some cold unsweetened iced tea and a side of freshly cut garden cucumber. Mmmm Mmmm

Hey, great to hear from ya, we need to get together and have a Central Iowa mini Meet, i'll bring the ice cream maker.

Or shave them and use them as trimming on a nice buffalo chicken sandwich!

OH man! i'm startin to get hungry.

As i sat down last night with a cold frosty mug of Rootbeer and my wounderfully prepaired BLT, Thats exactly what the wife said, besides other things like do you think you can handle all that, was there any doubt, i woudn't let her take a picture, i had Mayo from ear to ear. Yup Dagwood is my sandwich mentor.
          Last edited by sc72; 07-31-2011, 10:55 AM.
          An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Unsweetened iced tea? They make that?

Im from the south where we have 2 kinds of tea, Sweet and Candied.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Sliced cucumbers, onions, tomato wedges, sour cream, white vinegar, sugar (optional) and a dash of pepper....
              My favorite summer salad!
              Last edited by blkfordsedan; 07-31-2011, 11:30 AM.
              Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
              04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
              62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
              Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Central iowa.....I wish I lived there still to do a mini meet
                Proud owner of Casper

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                  Ha ha, I was going to ask if he made a second one for Scooby.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                  1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                  1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                  Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

BLTS and a new 1990 ........mmmmmmm

sigpic
                    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

its later where the pics at?? ahhh anxious ill be watching!
                      93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                      RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                      RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Originally posted by anomoly40 View Post
                        Unsweetened iced tea? They make that?

Im from the south where we have 2 kinds of tea, Sweet and Candied.
                        Haha! I grew up in Greensboro NC. I didn't think tea was made unsweetened either. I guess I've been up here so long it's grown on me. In fact I don't even drink the sweet stuff when I visit the south anymore.

Yeah a mini meet would be cool. I sent you a PM a week ago or better. You're welcome to check out the festy eternally resting in the garage anytime. I'd like to see what you think.

1993 Ford Festiva L ($650)
                        Mazda 1.8L BP - PaceSetter Header (in progress)
                        Aspire Swap - 15x6.5 wheels, 205/50/15 tires
                        >> Photo Album <<

Comment

Got your mesage, i have no excuse for not getting back to you, but ya i look forward to seeing the progress you have made. You will have a very nice swaped Festy when your done. Myself i'm looking for a B8 to swap in, but i don't think they sold Mazda Protege cars here in Iowa. I'll keep lookin.

Comment

Working...
                          X