Sorry for the hold up Skim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for the hold up Skim

OK this is our new addition to the family, at first glance it looks to be a GL but it's not, after looking up the door code it seems to be an optioned L or maybe they were added on, anyway if you pushed the car back to the garage door and under the tree, that is where it's been for one or two years and the tires were up. No rust on the passenger side and only a small spot 2" x2" on the drivers side fender well, i drained the tank, add 5 gallons of fresh fuel, replaced the fuesable links with the new stile fuses, hit the key and cycled the key a couple times to bring the fuel up, checked the oil level, hit the key again and it started, i'm glad i had given the guy the money, he was in dis-belief, i have learned from you guys not to over analyze things, look at the easy things first. Hey skim more pic's to come, did you notice the package tray, it's in good shape.

Last edited by sc72; 08-01-2011, 01:17 AM.
    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Looks like with some love it will be a nice festiva
    :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

Ooooo nice !!!
      -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Nice purchase? Nice work! That's the best way to buy, start and drive 'em home!!

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Thanks guys, it even has the Gold rims. i'll get it home and polish on it a while and see what happens.
          An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Hey thats an L plus, with an older style grill.
            Last edited by freshtiva; 08-01-2011, 10:21 PM.
            sigpic
            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I myself have to say it's a GL, it has the painted bumpers, black around the window's, dual mirrors, and skinny painted side molding... I say it has to be a GL just with an older grill in it. Nice car tho, should clean up pretty nice!
              -Josh R

Comment

Looks like a GL with an older grille to me. I haven't heard of any L pluses coming with painted bumper covers.

Karl
                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Chuck was an L-plus and he didn't have painted bumpers. We swapped some off another car that someone painted black. Don't know what they used, but its holding up extremely well. Thats a nice find!
                  No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

1990 gl ?

"while we were visiting with Mark the owner of the Festy truck he told us of a 90L for sale so yup had to check it out and we did buy it, pic's to come later"

If I had an interior picp it would help.
                    Last edited by freshtiva; 08-02-2011, 10:49 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

I will get a pic of the interior, not sure when, i have a 90 L+ in the back yard and i see no difference other than the new car does not have a tach speedo.

Comment

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
                        i have a 90 L+ in the back yard and i see no difference other than the new car does not have a tach speedo.
                        What about the painted black roof pillars ?
                        sigpic

Comment

Sorry I did not read all the post. I see you have checked the Vin number already.
                          Last edited by 1990new; 08-02-2011, 05:48 PM. Reason: more invfo.

Comment

I not sure what to think, i know what the vin says but then again Fresh knows his cars, it does have the same Black door paint as the L+, so i'll get it home tomorrow so we will get to the bottom of this mystery, as i said the man knows his cars, so it's up to me to figure if i goffed up wrighting down the vin numbers.

Comment

^ You're putting the pressure on me, just a guess from what I've seen. Havent seen the interior and the lack of a tach makes me question myself, don't understand the painted bumpers and grill either. If Its a 1990 Im sticking with the L Plus.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X