Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire replacement...beater impreza

Picking this up early next week, 97 impreza outback sport

Needs a driveshaft and suspension/front end work. Past owner tried to lower it... the wrong way of course.

230k miles. Starts right up. Auto trans shifted good. Good fixer upper for some winter fun.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

couple more
    91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

lmao thats the same car that my father in law wanted me to trade my festy and dakota for...only a 95. told him im keeping the festy but we might work out something for the truck and some cash

Comment

Driveshaft sourced on ebay....$75 shipped
        Used suspension parts sourced from friend in WV...free

From his 2000 legacy outback. Im guessing I might end up raised an inch or two above stock height...

Need to source some wheels/tires. I can transfer the tires from my EGT wheels but Id rather find some cheap wheels/tires...possibly hit up the junkyard.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

ditching the aspire??? why?
          89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
          2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
          1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Cause I don't feel like putting it together. Its a rusted out turd, and its best suited for the same purpose 99% of them up here are...parts. I can get more for the body alone than I paid for it.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

My friend didn't have the parts I need, so tomorrow I'm picking up all four loaded struts from a forester.

I'm told this will raise the car about 2" over stock. This will be interesting.
              91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

i have had a couple of these, they are awesome!!!

Ultra slow but super fun, best alberta winter car ever. oh and horrid on gas

Comment

Okay some updates... I got the forester struts and springs in. The car had a VatoZone chrome plastic intake with a hacked up MAF harness that was causing nothing but problems. Scored a nice stock intake to replace.

Just after the lift

Found some tires for it... 205/75-15, like 10% taller than stock. For comparison...

The piece of crap intake they had on it. VatoZone Isle 5 special

Back to a nice stock intake... runs 50 times better
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
                    i have had a couple of these, they are awesome!!!

Ultra slow but super fun, best alberta winter car ever. oh and horrid on gas
                    You must have had a 1.8L or something... this one actually picks up pretty decently.
                    91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Up next on the to do list is to get the rear trailing arm mounting brackets from a 96 Legacy outback from the junkyard and throw them in my car. This will allow the rear wheel to move back to the center of the wheel well. The lift pushes the wheel forward.

I may end up cutting a coil at the most out of the springs to bring it back down a bit. Im worried about the strain being put on the drivetrain with the lift.
                      91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Heres another dilemma... theres two legacy wagons at the junkyard... one has heated cloth seats, the other has leather with no heat. Theyre both super nice, except the drivers leather seats a little worn. The leather matches all the interior plastics though. I like the idea of heated seats a LOT though... only problem is the car is a '96 and I would question whether they still work (well) or not.... whats youre opinions?

I can get either for $75... front and rear. Bolt in affair. The heat might take a little figuring out though...

91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Leather ftw
                          :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

What a cute grocery getter! Make sure to put a "soccer mom" sticker on the back, lololol!!!

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Its a lesbian car, not a soccer mom wagon.

You're the one with the windstar.
                              91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Working...
                              X