Classic "Aero-Bird" pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
    Note the "smoker's wing-glass" on the side windows of my friend's car. He's looked for several years to find another set of doors that have them, but never has found another set.
    I just chunked a ton of TC stuff including door windows with wings. Was tired of trying to sell or give away the stuff.

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
    Yes! I love my '86 MkVII LSC. What an amazing road car to drive. It has the 5.0 H.O. (first year for EFI!), air bag suspension, leather Recaro style seats, 8.8 Posi rear w/4-wheel disc brakes, big sway bars, Marchal fog lights, climate control and every luxury option you could get except a moon roof. The thing handles & goes like a Mustang GT and rides like Town Car. It needs a new front fender & hood (which I have) but otherwise is in excellent condition. It's been in storage for 10 years, but I need to get off my butt and get it back on the road. Soo many cars, soo little time.....and even less money!
    The Mark VII was the first car to have the flush headlights. They had to petition the government to "allow" them. Nice cars.

Originally posted by bhazard View Post

Oh my goodness. I like.

I have always thought the 85-86 TC was the best looking car. I loved my 85 and 86 TC's. 88 not so much. Too stretched and beaky looking. Had one and put the 4 eyes on it.

Of course I have 5 Super Coupes now so I must like them a little.
    Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

All these pics make me miss my 84 Cougar XR-7

It had the 2.3 turbo set up and I bolted on the T-Bird Turbo Coupe hood. Man I loved that car.
      If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
      Zulu Ministries

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
        I think you're right, the '86 Mustang was SEFI, too. All the HOs were SEFI, the non-HOs were bank fire. LSCs got the HOs, Tbirds got the non-HO. I do know the '86 HO had the old open chamber passenger car heads with flat top pistons, then the '87s got the E7TZ quench chamber truck heads and relieved pistons.
        That answers my next question! I toyed with the idea of pulling the motor on my LSC to freshen it up (169K miles). So, what I need to do is find a set of good used E7TZ heads. I don't want a hot rod, but it would be nice to have a little extra grunt. I think I can raise the compression, add a 65mm TB and improve the exhaust without converting to MAF. The truck guys get by with quite a bit on SD, even cam swaps, as long as the idle is smooth and the lobe centers are wide.
        Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
        62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
        Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
          one of my local Mustang club members has a restored Georgia pursuit Mustang, and one of 3 known Calypso Green '93 SSP cars. The other two are accounted for, but only one other survives.
          There was a ton of old pursuit Mustangs around here back in the '90's. Lincoln being the state capitol and all, every year there was a big state auction and you can buy retired NHP cars for cheap. The Mustangs had a tendancy to be a little rusty. I can't believe I never bought one. I've seen articles about USAF Mustangs that were used as chase cars for fighter jets. I've always wondered if there were any in my area that cam from Offett AFB in Omaha. I've seen several dark blue USAF cars & truck over the years, but never a Mustang. I have seen a couple USAF 4-eyed Fairmonts & LTD-II's with dog-dish hubcaps, which were kinda cool.
          Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
          04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon

Comment

I had a 83 Turbo Coupe, lowered ground effects. It had an intercooler SVO cam and 4:10 gears. I'll have to see if I can find some pics.
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay View Post
              I had a 83 Turbo Coupe, lowered ground effects. It had an intercooler SVO cam and 4:10 gears. I'll have to see if I can find some pics.
              I remember you talking about that....drool
              91GL BP/F3A with boost
              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Here's my two foxes.... the 88 bird was my first car, ready to be parted/scrapped now. The 86 XR7 needs a paint job, much nicer car. Auto though.

91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

I didn't know T-birds were considered Fox bodies. Learn something new every day I suppose!

Karl
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Pretty much every Ford mid size rwd from the late 70s to mid 80s was.
                    91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                      Pretty much every Ford mid size rwd from the late 70s to mid 80s was.
                      That would be up to 93 and honestly the Mustang platform up to 04 is basically a slightly redesigned Fox platform. Mustangs from 79-04 are Fairmonts with Mustang sheet metal. I had an SVO for 22.5 years. I've got a coworker who has been trying to sell me his supercharged 89 Cougar XR7 which is the same thing as a Super Coupe. It's in rough shape and I really never liked the look of them. A buddy of mine picked up a Turbo Coupe recently with less than 30k miles.

Rick
                      1993 Ford Festiva
                      1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
                      1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
                      2000 Ford E350

Comment

We are trying to find another 6th Gen Cougar for my sis, she had a 87 or 88 with I believe it was the LS package with a landau top and leather interior. Hers was white with a white top and red interior.
                        91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                        82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                        85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Pretty amazing really, when you consider that my '04 GT or a "Terminator" Cobra is basically the same chassis that began with the '78 Fairmont (albeit much refined & heavier). I'd kill for a nice, clean older Fairmont 2dr sedan. Ford got their money's worth out of that platform. Off the top of my head, I can't think of another platform that was so long-lived. I guess "if it aint broke, don't fix it" would apply.
                          Last edited by blkfordsedan; 08-14-2011, 12:44 PM.
                          Brian

Comment

yea, I had a dark blue Z7 Mercury and I miss it with the 302 sometimes
                            91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                            82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                            85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

I'd love to have a nice simple 2 door Fairmont. Put either a 2.3 T or a 302 in it. Yum.

Karl
                              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

^^ A good friend of mine had a Fairmont Futura that had all built 5.0 HO stuff swapped into it. It was wicked fast and a total sleeper
                                If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                                Zulu Ministries

Comment

Working...
                                X