Gear reduction unit ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear reduction unit ???

I bought a pallet of stuff at one of my auctions....this was it. Auctioneer said it was part of a GEAR REDUCTION UNIT. I know the motor works, we hooked it up.It all looks like it is in good condition.Anyone know what the other parts are ?

Looks like a Grainger 3-phase worm gearmotor, some roller chain sprockets with QD or Browning bushings, some kinda old jack-shaft setup with pillow block bearings, a Parker hydraulic control valve and some kind of hydraulic cylinder. Can't really tell exactly what the other thing is from the pictures.....
    If you go to Grainger's website you can look up the gearmotor. The 3N298 is their part number. It would be handy for a winch or hoist or something, but 3 phase makes it a little harder to work with in a home/garage environment. You could get a single phase input VFD for a couple hundred bucks and use that to control it.
    Last edited by blkfordsedan; 08-14-2011, 05:36 PM.
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Working...
    X