#8, courtesy of Tinwhisker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #8, courtesy of Tinwhisker

I'll work on a more detailed write-up in the future in the Garage section covering the build/rebuild, but wanted to get these pics from the trip up while they're fresh. Went down to pick up Tinwhisker's (Scott) '89L today, and help him move his RX7 to his new house. Everything went well except the drive down there, one of my trailer tires exploded on I85, got another used tire put on, and that exploded another 50 miles down the road. Once I got there we went to walmart and had a brand new tire put on, and it did great the rest of the trip (about 400 miles total)

First shot of my new car:

Rex loaded up for the trip to his new home at Scott's new place:

And finally, Festevil (Scotts name for it) loaded up for his trip to his new home at my place:

Note that there is also a lawnmower on there lol, Scott gave me that as well, since he already has a new one and didn't want to have to lug that one to his new house (needs some work on the deck but in pretty good shape). Scott's an awesome guy, just wish he was closer we might get to hang out more!

Oh and before the questions start coming in, yes, its Aspire swapped, those are Enkei 14s, factory so one of the "S" edition corollas we think. 185/60R14 tires, General Altimax HPs (same thing I used to run on my silver BP car). Protege swoopies, full LX console, Aspire front sway bar, tach cluster, and protege seats! Only sat in them once while rolling it down the hill to my basement carport, but man they are comfy, may need to hunt up a few more for my other cars
    Last edited by htchbck; 12-01-2011, 08:11 PM.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

It looks so clean!

I really need to do some festiva hunting in the south!

Got the hitch and tow bar just need the time.
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

nice! i really like the rims & she looks sweet. pmd danny
      Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Congrats again man. I'll have to take a day trip up to the mountains and stop by and check it out.

Car is a 88L by the way, just to save you some confusion when you go to insure it.

Comment

... Title says '89 on it ?...
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Lol. I could have sworn it was an 88.

Comment

Thats what I had remembered too... well, hopefully the title won't be hard to transfer. Already a little concerned about it since its an AL title, but according to the sites I checked you can easily transfer an AL title into GA. We shall see though. If I have trouble then maybe I can pay the fees for Scott to get it back to a GA title in his name since he lives in GA again. Then we can just transfer GA title no problem lol
              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
                nice! i really like the rims & she looks sweet. pmd danny
                Same here....diggin the rims on the festy and the rx7!
                "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

The Rex's rims are stock... 13s with 205/60R13 tires drool drool I miss my 205/60s on my old 13s I sold to sparky. If I ever build Green Car out she will probably get that size, I can't imagine putting any wheels on her besides the 13s I have on her now.
                  No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                    ... Title says '89 on it ?...
                    Nevermind, just looked at the title again and it does say '88. He just has several owners manuals and stuff from an '89 in it, I think thats what threw me off lol.
                    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Here is a perfect decal for Festevil
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                      The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Good to see the car stayed in the family !!
                        sigpic
                        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Oh I had already been hoping/planning to keep it safe. First was going to help Kev get it back to his place, then I was going to keep it here for him since there wasn't room at his house. Then I was going to help Scott get it running again. And then I ended up with it myself. But I had no intention of letting anything bad happen to it lol. I've already got it almost ready to be put back together.
                          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

did you send me a pm? my pm acct can not be accessed for some reason. you can call me 828 450-8054
                            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Working...
                            X