Cupcake ice cream cones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cupcake ice cream cones

I made cup cakes in ice cream cones for my 5 year old's kindergarten Christmas party tomorrow. I can't wait to see her face in class tomorrow!
    Devil's food chocolate cake from scratch.

Poured into cupcake liners and topped with an upside down cone.

The cake rises and fills the cone a bit, sticking to and holding onto the cone.

Then I made a 7 minute frosting. It is VERY light and fluffy. My favorite icing by far! Cream cheese frosting is a distant second. I don't like any other frosting that I know of. Most are to heavy for me.
    This an improvised double boiler. It's just a stainless bowl floating in a bigger stainless bowl of boiling water.

It whips up super fluffy! YUM!

I cut holes in and then wrapped a pizza box.

I punched out the holes.

Then I frosted them.

Then I wrapped them in saran wrap to keep the frosting moist.
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Wow, what a great idea! The cones don't burn in the oven?

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
    -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

Nope. They didn't react at all. They really are just a prop at this point, a handle. I should have filled them with something. Ah well. Hindsight. It's my first time making cupcakes.
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I hope you made enough to share with everyone here:p
        91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
        14 C7 Z51

Comment

:lol: Come on!

Comment

There's still time! You can inject the cones with chocolate using an injector similar to the kind used for jelly donuts. The chocolate cools and plugs the hole. Just inject enough to line the inside. Next time try it before frosting them. It'll make it less tedious.
            In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

You are absolutely right. Great idea!

Comment

Paul, you are a true Renaissance Man.

Cupcakes to cars!

Karl
                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Lol thanks Karl! That's the second time in 2 days I've gotten that compliment!

Comment

if you fill the cone 3/4 full, then put them in the oven they will rise and fill out just fine.
                    No mess!!
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8SilV257aM

1999 SVT Lightning #1212
                    1993 tube chassis Festiva 351w (shooting for the 9s)
                    1980 Maples jet boat 455 olds
                    1991 Chevy custom one ton dually
                    1988 Mustang N/A 385 w/doug nash 9.88@137 (sold)
                    2001 GSXR-1000 turbo lowered & extended (sold)
                    1988 S-10 468 BBC lowered & body dropped (sold)
                    on & on

Comment

I cant believe I just posted that..
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8SilV257aM

1999 SVT Lightning #1212
                      1993 tube chassis Festiva 351w (shooting for the 9s)
                      1980 Maples jet boat 455 olds
                      1991 Chevy custom one ton dually
                      1988 Mustang N/A 385 w/doug nash 9.88@137 (sold)
                      2001 GSXR-1000 turbo lowered & extended (sold)
                      1988 S-10 468 BBC lowered & body dropped (sold)
                      on & on

Comment

My grandmother makes these every year for the kids bdays in my family. She's been doing it since i was a teen and im 31 now....lol

the kids love them, but i usually ditch the cone...lol

ADMIN @ http://ironjuggernauts.com/forum.php?referrerid=1

Comment

Originally posted by citizen caine View Post
                          if you fill the cone 3/4 full, then put them in the oven they will rise and fill out just fine.
                          No mess!!
                          ahahaha. Thanx paula dean.....lmao...jk buddy. I saw an opportunity and took it (^_~)

ADMIN @ http://ironjuggernauts.com/forum.php?referrerid=1

Comment

Baking is fun. Especially the "after baking" part, called "eating."

I bake "Vienna Crescent" cookies from a German Club recipe I got way back in 9th grade, and "Carson Drew Cheesecake" from my Nancy Drew Cookbook!

Yum.

Karl
                            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by citizen caine View Post
                              I cant believe I just posted that..
                              And I guess I should feel that way too too? 8)

Comment

Working...
                              X