new project....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new project....

some of you may remember that i daily drive a tracker...

well i just got a new project its gonna be my new daily driver after a few mods...

summer's just around the corner, im glad i got this button drool

and last but not least.... the engine...

but sadly it has a bad rod knock so it will need a new engine... but not just any engine, a VW 1.9 turbo DIESEL, that right, a vw diesel

the basic mod list is: vw engine swap, custom front bumper with a winch, big roof rack with off road lights, 2 or 3 inch lift, 235/75/15 tires like on my other one and a hitch to tow a small trailer...

motor mods will be: 3 inch exhaust, a big intercooler and increase the boost a few psi... not that many mods, i want it to be reliable, not something that will allways give me problems like my festiva after i started messing with everything...

i may start a small build thread but i dont know how many people want to see a sidekick build on a festiva forum lol...

anyways, what do you think of my new toy?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

I would enjoy that build thread regardless of the fact it's not a festiva. Your plans sound very interesting, it would be cool to see the swap. All it would need after is a sweet flat OD paint job like your tracker!
    2002 Ford Mustang GT Mineral Grey 5 spd
    1996 Ford Explorer XLT AWD White POS
    1992 Ford Festiva GL Metallic Blue 5 spd

Comment

Cool project!
      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
      -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
      -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

build thread!
        Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

I'd scribe to your build, looks cool!
          -Zack
          Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Build thread!!

Mmmmm diesel, mmmmm.

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

That is the only engine that I would swap my B3 for...
              I'll be watchin
              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Looking good! Can't wait to see the finished diesel product! My wife and I have been considering a 4 door tracker/sidekick during our search for a 4 door car. Not exactly a hatchback, but not a trunk car either
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Damn these crazy canucks.

Gl with the swap , but I think it will be a handful to convert a FWD engine into this.

I think I would rather go for a ranger diesel engine and tranny. Maybe then you would only need to have custom mounts and driveshafts.

Maybe its because of the rarity though , just to see a ranger diesel on the road is something....

Comment

^^he never said anything about converting to FWD

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                      ^^he never said anything about converting to FWD
                      The VW engine he wants in is FWD.

Comment

^^
                        Originally posted by PhoenixSHO View Post
                        but I think it will be a handful to convert a FWD engine into this.
                        not going FWD
                        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I helped a buddy put that diesel in his samurai. Pretty easy swap. There is so many kits out there for adapters plates and mounts he didnt have to fab much.

-Scott
                          Aqua 93 L
                          Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                          White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

bolt in... and 1 wire to make it run, that right ONE wire (once you get it running it only needs one wire to keep running... to start it you need about 3 or 4... and then what ever gauges and other stuff is extra...)

Acme Adapters sells kits for any 4-cylinder water-cooled Volkswagen family of engines. For the diesels, the 1.6 and 1.9 turbo and non-turbo 4 cylinders fit perfectly in the Samurai, Sidekick and Geo Tracker.

and the best part is that it uses the stock trans and clutch so i dont need to change anything other than the motor, no custom drive shafts or anything
                            Last edited by sasquatch; 02-07-2012, 08:43 PM.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                              bolt in... and 1 wire to make it run, that right ONE wire (once you get it running it only needs one wire to keep running... to start it you need about 3 or 4... and then what ever gauges and other stuff is extra...)

Acme Adapters sells kits for any 4-cylinder water-cooled Volkswagen family of engines. For the diesels, the 1.6 and 1.9 turbo and non-turbo 4 cylinders fit perfectly in the Samurai, Sidekick and Geo Tracker.

and the best part is that it uses the stock trans and clutch so i dont need to change anything other than the motor, no custom drive shafts or anything
                              Wow!
                              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                              X