No announcement yet.

Oldschool Honda Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will definitely hold on to mine until I can afford / find something better.

I have quite a few rust issues on the floor / chassis of the car though, that's not even getting in to the body panel issues it has.

These old civics had a problem with rust from the get go, now 35 years later its rough!
    1979 Civic - Work in Progress http://myhondafestish.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
      Panels may be more accessible than whole cars, although there's a '78 or '79 electric green one close to my house...

I call dibs!
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Really like that scooter. I have 3 Honda Passport scooters. I've had one of them since I was 12 years old, love them. I'd like to have one of those 50s.
        Last edited by Advancedynamix; 02-22-2012, 10:36 PM.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Love it!
          -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
          -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
          -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
            Really like that scooter. I have 3 Honda Passport scooters. I've had one of them since I was 12 years old, love them. I'd like to have one of those 50s.
            Oh nice! Have you got photos?
            1979 Civic - Work in Progress http://myhondafestish.tumblr.com/

Comment

ive always wanted a 1st gen civiv hatch i really love those cars ..had a bud who raced one in scca back in high school ......i gotta 88 f350 crewcab dually im wanting to replace with a smaller car right now
              Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                Take my advice here, be generous in determining the size garage you need then multiply by at least two if not three.
                I agree. I've always figured you just build the biggest garage you can physically fit on the property, or at least the biggest one allowed by code.

I'm lucky enough to have plenty of storage. My brothers & I own a large building in our home town that used to be an old Nash-Rambler dealership. It has a showroom, parts room, machine shop, office, 2 bathrooms, hydraulic lift and an old paint booth. The main service bay area is large enough to hold about 20-30 cars and still be able to move them around. The problem is that I live 40 miles away from it! I would much rather have a 4 car garage in my back yard that I could actually use.
                Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by rakfint View Post
                  Oh nice! Have you got photos?
                  Yeah, I'll dig some out. My red one (the one I ride the most) looks pretty showroom. My blue one is in the process of getting a big bore engine and my yellow one (my original) is apart and stored in boxes for a day when I'm older and retired and I want to reminisce. lol

Edit:
                  Found this one, I think I lost all the others when my hard drive crashed last year. This isn't a very good picture.
                  Last edited by Advancedynamix; 02-23-2012, 11:28 PM.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

james dean
                    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

i love my moped... i look like a fool while riding it, but damn it fun

and this vid is with the new motor but as you can hear china cant build a carb
                      this is my 1983 honda passport... its got a 150cc, 4 speed manual, oil cooled, racing motor in it :) i have put on a 26mm mikuni race carb, custom exhaust an...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

i had a yamaha vino 50cc & just sold a 125 yamaha riva that would run 55-65 mph with me on it 255#s , & yes i did race other scooters & out ran ruckus all the time. one old vespa passed me like i was sitting still one day & after he pulled over at a gas station i pulled in & i asked him about it & it was a 60's model that had a 250cc in it & top speed 95mph:eeeeeek: there is a magazine called scoot(based out of cali) & it is very cool for anyone interested in scooters. subscribe!
                        Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Working...
                        X