Living outside the rust belt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living outside the rust belt.

This is the norm. Not a speck of rust. Just some peeling clearcoat. This is why people drive to me to find cars. I LOVE living here!!!

And what I did about it. 8)
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

"I am a trained Festiva Professional....please don't try this at home, or with any other car". We need some green berets with "Festiva" embroidered on them.
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Lol nice

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Festivas been berry berry good to me. Someone loves that festiva !
        sigpic
        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

That's why I go to Paul for my Festiva's!!!
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

Very nice festiva Paul! That's a great place to live
            I bet the FORD classics there are so cool as well!
            Cheers!
            Godspeed...
            click here for FORD fESTiVA and KIA pride parts - JunSpeed Parts

our humble rides
            1965 Ford Mustang Coupe 200ci C4 AT (my 1st car, parked on a far island for restoration)
            93 LX B1 carb sedan (my first festy - SOLD )
            97 CD5 B3 carb (used to be my DD - SWAPPED)
            94 LX MAZDA Z5 EFI (gettting roadworthy)

Z200GS 200cc bike (SOLD)
            95 Lancer Mirage GLXi (wifee's ride - SOLD)
            97 Lancer Mirage GL carbed 1.5 (Garaged)
            Kymco K-Pipe 125cc (Garaged)
            97 Proton Lancer carbed 1.5 (son's DD)
            2015 Spacestar Mirage 1.2 CVT (my DD)

Comment

There are all kinds of classics around here. And a lot of them are Rust free. Did you see my thread called a couple of classics in the yard?
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I hate you... that is all...

my protege's rust has rust on it...

It has only been in NY for one complete winter and I have huge holes in the body now... :\
                Last edited by Nerd Racing; 04-02-2012, 04:59 PM.
                89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Look at that pretty red festiva!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Before you get too carried away gloating about the pristine road machines you have around your neck of the woods: what kind of money are they asking for 20 year old mechanically bagged but luckily non-corroded Festys where you are? Glass, door handles, wiper motors, axles, ball joints and engines are much the same, regardless of climate, once they turn over 1/4 million miles.

Comment

Lol Bert!!! Lol! Bahahagahahah!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                        Before you get too carried away gloating about the pristine road machines you have around your neck of the woods: what kind of money are they asking for 20 year old mechanically bagged but luckily non-corroded Festys where you are? Glass, door handles, wiper motors, axles, ball joints and engines are much the same, regardless of climate, once they turn over 1/4 million miles.
                        I have never had glass, door handles, or wiper motors ON FESTIVAS fail due to age. The rest you listed sure. But I'm still finding them with 68k-130k several times a year. Are you familiar with cream puff?
                        This video is of my 22nd Ford festiva. I've been calling it cream puff because of the condition and the low miles (121,000). It is optioned out from the fact...

I sold it with 130k.
                        Kumalaba just got one from me with 68k.
                        I have another efi 5 speed with 130k in my sights. It will be mine as well. I got my radar in conjunction with my mojo working!!

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                          There are all kinds of classics around here. And a lot of them are Rust free. Did you see my thread called a couple of classics in the yard?
                          Yeah I just saw them now. Wow those classics are so awesome, looks a few years old only. They're frozen in time...
                          Godspeed...
                          click here for FORD fESTiVA and KIA pride parts - JunSpeed Parts

our humble rides
                          1965 Ford Mustang Coupe 200ci C4 AT (my 1st car, parked on a far island for restoration)
                          93 LX B1 carb sedan (my first festy - SOLD )
                          97 CD5 B3 carb (used to be my DD - SWAPPED)
                          94 LX MAZDA Z5 EFI (gettting roadworthy)

Z200GS 200cc bike (SOLD)
                          95 Lancer Mirage GLXi (wifee's ride - SOLD)
                          97 Lancer Mirage GL carbed 1.5 (Garaged)
                          Kymco K-Pipe 125cc (Garaged)
                          97 Proton Lancer carbed 1.5 (son's DD)
                          2015 Spacestar Mirage 1.2 CVT (my DD)

Comment

Comment

How much is the average going rate for a festy around your area? Sometime I think I may get a new shell to build, rust free one... well you never really see them here :lol:
                              -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                              -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                              -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Working...
                              X