Rally-America #789

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rally-America #789

I've had a few people now ask me to start this. This will only be the racing stuff, not any of the build. I'll update it time and again when we hit another race and we get photos.

Photos From the 100 Acre Wood Rally in Salem, Missouri

Car #789
    Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
    1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
    1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
    http://www.facebook.com/warally

Cool, can't wait for updates!
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

This is great stuff for sure! The festiva has an excellent suspension for rally, and with some well thought out parts swapping and chassis setup this car will be like cheating. Keep this stuff coming!
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

UPDATES!!!

So a couple weeks ago we did a few mods to the rear suspension, wheels and tires:
        - Tokico Illumina Struts (#BU2769) (VW A2 Golf/Jetta) Eibach 8” 200lbs/in
        - 14" Wheels off a Nissan Sentra
        - Hankook G51/G71 Rally tires (used)

Here are some pictures from the recent Ojibwe Forest Rally.

Our B3 was leaking oil pretty bad (Crankshaft seal...)

But we got back on the Road! unfortunately the timing belt broke on the 2nd to last stage of the event... 90/100 miles completed

Thanks for taking a look! I'll update this again at the end of October. Perryville Farm and Forest Rally here we come!

Car #789
        Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group

Comment

Cool stuff man, bummer you guys were so close to finishing...how were you doing before you had to drop out?
          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
          Random Festiva Parts

Comment

We were doing well considering 16 other cars had to drop out due to wrecks, mechanical issues (like us ) Etc. 30 cars entered, 14 left, we were actually sitting 10th overall.

Car #789

Comment

bp swap it!!!

i would love to do some rally racing, i think its the best forum of racing and takes the most drivers skill to be good at it... good luck in your next race... if you have a bp im sure you will place higher

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

We plan on the BP but the aspire brakes/axle swap comes first.

Car #789

Comment

You guys need to stick a GoPRO in that thing and post up some video. I may be able to have one installed for a stage or two at the next rally America event. This is good stuff. I would have guessed 200 lb to be a bit heavy in the rear, but it's all about driver preference and it looks like your brother knows what he's doing by those pictures.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Nice tire/wheel/strut combo! Bet it handles better now.

What is that clevis doing hanging from the driverside bumper?

I smiled when I noticed the one ribbed tail light, and one smoothy.

Nice pics!
                    Last edited by drddan; 09-22-2012, 01:28 AM.
                    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
                      I smiled when I noticed the one ribbed tail light, and one smoothy.
                      I noticed that too. I first saw the one and my thought was hey, I'll trade my ribbed for the smoothies since he lives so close to me...then I looked at the other one and was like, Dang!
                      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                      Random Festiva Parts

Comment

What did you guys hit in the 100 acre wood rally that took out your lights and messed up the bumper? That looks like it could have made you a little sore the next day.

Comment

there was a [L4/Cr !!! ExpR], basically a medium speed (45mph) curve over a hill that bent left, with a patchy loose gravel spot and a cliff on the right edge, luckily we didnt go off the cliff but hit a tree instead. Driver tried to correct but it just sent us as it usually does.

Car #789

Comment

Dang! Hope you and the car are ok!
                            ~Brian

Comment

What hawk pads do you have for that thing?
                              97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
                              CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
                              Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Working...
                              X