The Eye of Ra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Eye of Ra

Thought I'd post some pics here too, if you get a chance check out my gallery. Joseph "Eye of Ra"

I'm waiting on a photographer here's somewhat better pics

I'm waiting on a photographer, he's an editor of a magazine so has been busy in coordinating with mine and his schedule. Here are somewhat better pics I hope for now atleast.

The photographer has a much better camera, once I meet with him I will get some great pics of my graphics and designs.
    The "Eye of Ra" may go back to the muralist this week and get its sides and back muraled. I may even get some murals in the jams.
    I'm going to try to clean up the airride set up so I can get some pics of that too.
    I still have a little more upholstry work on my belt covers, dash, trunk and headliner. I'll get e'r done soon. Thanks for being patient guys. Joseph

Comment

Lookin' good, Joseph!

My only suggestion would be to get another desert shot and photoshop the Great Pyramid into the background! Plus maybe a camel or two...

Have you ever told us the story of your Egyptian theme? How'd you come to do that one?

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Answer to your question Karl

It's funny you ask that question. It was about 5 yrs ago and I was at a friends house in South Albuquerque, we were discussing my car and maybe doing a theme for the car. It was at that time painted candy gold and had patterns. I was thinking about getting a murals done on certain spots on the car. I had 3 theme's I had considered. One was the title "El Sol" , "DESERT SUN" and the other I was considering was "Eye of Ra." My friend Ray Chavez knew I was considering naming the car "El Sol" since its paint job was so LOUD, we were talking about it and he said "You know Joe you should name this car EYE OF RA." I about freaked out cause he didn't know I was considering it. I figured it was meant to be and from there on out and took up the title "Eye of Ra" for the Festy.
        Since then it has had various Egyptian paint schemes. This paint job I have now is here to stay and I wont consider sanding the car down again. I just plan to get a few more murals and then plan the B6 upgrade. My windows will also get glazed in etching-sand blasting technique of Egyptian themes. Thanks for checking out my car. I should try what you mentioned. The car will be having some pyramid murals too.
        I am busy at work on this car and hope to really make it BLING!

Comment

Very Nice Joe!!! Was never able to tell from the old pics how much detail work you have done, and how much has been done to the inside. Glad to see you got some better pics. :wink: Keep up the good work.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

MOre pics will come

Im waiting on the photographer, he has a great cam. In these pics you can't see the flake or graphics good. I may send the car again to the muralist tonight 042505 for more murals on the side, trunk and door jams. I will keep you all posted. Joseph
            Here's a front end shot.

Comment

Crappy pics of my new murals !! Check em out !!

I just need to get the car cleared, here are some pics of my murals. I will be getting with my photographer soon to get some worth pics. I just got the car home today at noon. Murals by Richard Ortega of Los Lunas, NM.

[/img]http://photos12.flickr.com/13887836_1ad5499e6a_m.jpg[/img]

[/img]http://photos14.flickr.com/13887717_9b9ff61957_m.jpg[/img]

[/img]http://photos13.flickr.com/13887716_446f4f64cb_m.jpg[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]http://photos13.flickr.com/13887460_f43ad9a846_m.jpg[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X