No announcement yet.

It finally happened...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple more, engine bay after drivetrain removal and another of the axle..

This axle wasnt very old, i put it in about a month before the b6 swap.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by zoom zoom; 04-02-2014, 05:12 PM.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• Dude that's awesome ! I never heard of an CV joint fire. That's a first for me.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk
      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

• That's kinda like "I was driving so fast that my steering column went up in flames". LOL guess it's a good reason to go with that b6t now huh? That is what I thought you were doing anyway. That's why I asked the other day. lol My bad if that was a secret. Guess I didn't realize or probably just forgot. uh-oh !!!
        -Bryant

Comment

• I drove it 80 miles with a broken axle. As long as i didnt try to juice it any more than i needed to maintain 35-45 in 5th i was fine. Till it completely let loose lol..

Yea it's not worth putting stock parts back in it for me, I was hoping to get about another month out of it before I did the b6t swap cause i wanted to fix my garage and do some home improvements but this is just forcing me to get on the ball and make it run. Clock has already started again, if it's not running in 3 weeks its gettin scrapped, I'm not looking for a project car and I'm not having any more cars just taking up space in my yard. Getting rid of the aspire chassis and everything else I dont use on the festiva or my aspire very very soon. Its gonna be a mass purging. Tired of hoarding junk.

On the bright side, I'll be looking for some tires for those 14's i got off you bryant. I think some r888's or a048's would be in order if the car runs good enough...assuming I can get them in the appropriate size 14's. I'm open to other options too maybe t1r's or ??? Those rims are 6.5" wide i believe?
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• Hay Matt, Aqua started today and I need to get her sorted out this weekend.

I have to come down to your place and help you do something!!

Not that you need my help...

breaking axles and setting them on fire! Ha ha ha ha!!

Lemme know what I can help with and any parts I might be able to provide.

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

• lol yea one of these days you'll have to come down!

Rob (shadetree) came over yesterday and helped me get ALOT of work done toward this b6t swap.

I still got alotta stuff to finish up but the hardest parts should be done, we got the engine and trans mounted, and wired up. I gotta get back out there and finish up the rest I need to do the shift linkage, exhaust, intake, turbo intake, battery, finish swapping rio struts and knuckles, new lca passenger side, new ball joint driver side, plug in the axles, ... gotta get busy gonna be a long day haha..

I was putting the flywheel and pressure plate on the b6t and turned around, he already had all the under hood wiring done, pulled back my stock harness and tucked stuff back in the fender well, taped up the IAC valve socket on the start charge system, .. so I missed most of that lol.

anyway it was a really good day, thanks for comming over to help Rob!!
              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

• I didn't get much done, buddy stopped by and helped me get all the intake stuff worked out, battery stuff, radiator, all that is stuck in there, damn what a cluster jam..

Got the driver side axle and stuff in, new ball joint, gotta do stuff on the passenger side yet still a crap ton of stuff but I'll get to it later, got a birthday party thing to do.
                2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

• Pics!
                  Attached Files
                  2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                  1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

• Nice pics looks like you been having fun, I seen your build thread on teamcapri.com. you should have lots of fun in that car.
                    I'm glad to see you went with the g series.
                    Looking forward to seeing it all finished up.

Comment

• As long as it holds together for awhile I'll be happy. I think i need to redo my front mount, for some reason the gearbox is resting on the steering rack now, its not actually touching, there is a thin line of daylight but i dont know how far the engine is going to rock back and forth.

2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

• Matt, stick some Dr. Scholl's gel pads between the transaxle and your steering rack to keep things smoooooth!

That engine bay looks crowded.

Karl
                        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

• yea it sure is haha, maybe we can get together someday after I get it moving and we can redesign some stuff. You should see how tight it is around the intake pipes, radiator/hose in person it's crazy.
                          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

• That distributor will advance a lot better with the fresh clean air .
                            New build on the way .

Comment

• I'm thinking about bypassing that brass boost controller thing, I can't even get it to turn. You think I should?
                              Last edited by zoom zoom; 04-05-2014, 06:36 PM.
                              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

• Yep. We figured that just after you left. Quick calculations show at least 15 hp.
                                -Bryant

Comment

Working...
                                X