X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
    ...and a Daktari Zebra stripe paint job
    Karl
    I remember watching Daktari! I was, however, extremely young at the time :mrgreen:
    Last edited by fastivaca; 05-31-2013, 11:57 AM.
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Haha I don't know about the paint job, but we'll see how the rest plays out
      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

zoom, does the Tracer cruise switch have four terminals or only three terminals?
        Last edited by bravekozak; 06-02-2013, 04:33 AM.

Comment

four...ones for cruise right? It's got the cruise dash button, well I do now.. and cruise on the wiper stalk.
          Last edited by zoom zoom; 06-02-2013, 07:04 AM.
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
            If anybody knows if the OJ tach cluster will swap ill grab it tomorrow too. I couldn't tell if the dimensions or.mounting tabs were the same because I didn't tear into it...or a FestivA cluster yet.
            Presuming you to be asking if an orange tach cluster (from carbureted Festys) is compatible with EFI cars, the answer is "yes". Aside from having to re-route the speedo cable (which goes for any tach cluster) the orange one I have in a 93 EFI was "plug and play". The neatest thing you'll discover is that you suddenly have a "lights-on warning" buzzer in place. This is the only auto chime or buzzer that I have had any appreciation for.

Comment

Zoom, if you see another Tracer cruise dash switch with orange lettering, please snag it for me. The fourth terminal is for illumination. Thanks.
              Last edited by bravekozak; 06-02-2013, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Bert, I was referring to the orange tach cluster in the 89 tracer in the JY reading 90,8xx miles.

I jacked the rear up a bit....latest pics...

Terry warned me when I bought the car that it needed a new rear axle, told me everything about it and how a torch was used to blow the old captive nut out when the rear struts were replaced. I found what he was talking about last night!! and fixed it.. I used a THICK washer (was actually an OEM strut top mount washer at one point in time) and welded it in place on the backside of the axle. it was a massive washer, every bit 1/8" thick and 1 1/2" across. I don't think this will be giving me any problems anytime soon.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by zoom zoom; 06-02-2013, 04:03 PM.
                2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

I did an alignment on the car, these new wheels make it blantantly obvious something isn't right with the front end, cruising steady it treks straight, as soon as I give it a little throttle or brakes it pulls right, harder if I accelerate or decelerate hard. I swapped in like new looking lca/sway bar bushings, and I've got it narrowed down to the steering rack, while doing the alignnment I found the slop...so it looks like I'll be ordering some mentalmark(tm) rack bushings for this one soon.

Then I decided to have some fun
                  Attached Files
                  2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                  1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

Hahahaa..I love this little car, I think I'm gonna need another one next month, if I keep going the way I'm going it this one will be perfect for what it is, I just need to get the seats, dash, and shift linkage fixed up!...and the top secret project I have lined up for next weekend lololol.. and the bumper hitch, can't forget that.. it's gonna be an after work deal I can get done through the week though.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by zoom zoom; 06-02-2013, 04:19 PM.
                    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

love it zoom!
                      Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

lol, you and apparently at least one person EVERYWHERE i go LOL....

A buddy of mine went to the junk yard with me yesterday...my neighbor... he wanted a couple tires off a "subaru" in the same junk yard so I told him I'd buy the tires if he helped me pull the transmission I was after...well anyway, turns out this "subaru" he's getting the tires from is the 89 tracer i've got my eyeballs on lol....i didn't tell him any different, he's the guy driving the aspire I sold him awhile back and he doesn't need any ideas about that b6 aaanyway, we get the stuff and the JY owner knows me almost by name, I always tell him a joke and try to be friendly... so when I was talking to him I told him what was up and he threw the tires in for freebies ...he still had to get them transferred over to the aspire steelies he had, so we went to the tire shop where I get all my alignments and stuff done for the minivan...when I pulled in the guys swarmed my car drooling over the tires and rims and the way the suspension is set up...they asked me what we were there for and I told them 4 dismounts and 2 mounts... I helped him carry the tires over and he swapped everything and tossed the old tires in his tire pile and said "10 bucks" lol...which my buddy paid haha..

Literally i'm getting stares and people shaking their head yes hanging out of lifted jeep windows and people on the sidewalks shaking their heads no in disbelief and people hollering at me rolling through parking lots in approval of the look... heh, I even had a cop slow down driving by just to look!
                        Last edited by zoom zoom; 06-02-2013, 08:36 PM.
                        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

I didn't think I'd like those wheels but I do.

"Top secret project," eh?

Guess I won't tell anyone then!

Karl
                          Last edited by Safety Guy; 06-02-2013, 08:38 PM.
                          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

haha yea...it's like the opposite of everything I say happens, so if I don't say it, maybe it actually will happen?!
                            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

glad those wheels went to a good home matt. fiona is lookin sexy with those wide hips and nice rack
                              -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                              -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

^ oh yea !
                                New build on the way .

Comment

Working...
                                X