Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It finally happened...

I BOUGHT A FESTIVA!!!!!!!

HAHA you knew it was gonna happen eventually..

This is the Festiva blackhandbeagles (Terry) had for sale, it's a 93 GL 5 speed with a whole lotta miles lol..but for some reason the body doesn't show it. I can't believe its an Ohio car. There's only a little spot of rust, not even the typical fender well rust, just the driver rocker and hatch.

It's got a newer aspire motor and Festy 5 speed. Runs like a scalded dog too lol..

Anyway, while I come up with a clever name for this beastly machine you guys can enjoy a couple pics!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by zoom zoom; 04-23-2013, 09:34 PM.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Of course there's a couple issues but nothing major. The rotors are warped so it will be getting an aspire swap soon, ill probably go pull an aspire rear end and do it all the way around. That's really all that needs attention but I have a feeling ill be doing more just because I can lol.. I'd really like to get a tach cluster too.
    Attached Files
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Congratulations!! Looks very nice! What kind of plans do you have for it?
      Looks like we were typing at the same time.
      Last edited by Team Lightning; 04-23-2013, 09:17 PM.
      Jerry
      Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
      90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
      92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
      93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

awesome find man! you will need to bring that bad boy up here soon!
        -1991 L 238k AC/Cruise Josh's future DD from neanderpaul, the clean slate!

-1991 GL 171k AC/Rust free Jake's future DD (thanks kevin!)

-1993 L B6T swapped auto(thanks rob!) 88k was 123whp 15.8 at 87mph currently undergoing surgery

-1989 LX crazy project car you'll all see one day! (hopefully fm8 )

Have one hydro g and xr2 mid shaft for sale super cheap! PM me!

we have owned 10 of these cars to date and we're only 20 hahah.. call it an obsession!

Comment

thanks! I think it's a good deal. I was expecting to get up there and find a car held together by rust, but I was disappointed in the best kind of way! For now it's just going to be a daily beater, back and forth to work and where ever for the milage. Eventually.....who knows :p

The shift linkage is really sloppy, normal shifter wear, I want to try and rectify that tomorrow.

Originally posted by jake88maro View Post
          awesome find man! you will need to bring that bad boy up here soon!
          Yea no doubt bro.. I'm probably gonna be headed your way before long to get an aspire axel. I'm tempted to grab some rio struts and knuckles while I'm up there too...kind of want to come up tomorrow but I really need to wait till next week haha.. I'm thinking next thursday or friday? I might try to do some homework and come home with some civic/prelude springs for the rear while I'm at it..just go ahead and beef up the spring rates all the way around and make it hug the corners like I know it can. Right now the whole suspension is just ...well, stock, it sucks!
          Last edited by zoom zoom; 04-23-2013, 09:31 PM.
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

Thanks for your help today Terry, it was really nice meeting you and your family!

Without him it would have been a bit of a hassle to get the car down here, he actually drove the car to my house today!! It's about an hour and a half drive one way, and I was gonna run him back home in babyspire but for whatever reason we took the new festiva. It ran great all the way there and back!
            Last edited by zoom zoom; 04-23-2013, 09:45 PM.
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

Nice find! Which do you like better the aspire or the festiva?
              Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
              Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
              Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
              WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

uhm, so far.. I still like my aspires.. This festiva is a little rough around the edges, the 40+ mpg is really the only thing it has going for it at the moment. If it had a nicer paint job and body panels, a good suspension under it, blew heat out the front dash vents, had a 12" sub and nice 6 1/2's it might be as nice as any one of my aspires... give me time!

When I get a couple hours one of these days I'm going to pull the dash and see if I can make the ductwork from the crustyspire fit, maybe get a little front heat action. I think I have a spare heater control unit and all the plumbing laying around for it.
                2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

I like what you are thinking with the aspire heat duct mod
                  Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
                  Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
                  Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
                  WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Festevil3 View Post
                    I like what you are thinking with the aspire heat duct mod
                    +1
                    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                    Random Festiva Parts
                    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
                      uhm, so far.. I still like my aspires.. This festiva is a little rough around the edges, the 40+ mpg is really the only thing it has going for it at the moment. If it had a nicer paint job and body panels, a good suspension under it, blew heat out the front dash vents, had a 12" sub and nice 6 1/2's it might be as nice as any one of my aspires... give me time!

When I get a couple hours one of these days I'm going to pull the dash and see if I can make the ductwork from the crustyspire fit, maybe get a little front heat action. I think I have a spare heater control unit and all the plumbing laying around for it.

I always liked my aspires better too. I'm hoping that will change when I get done with the current abomination/project lol.
                      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

You are welcome. I am glad someone is going to have it that will fix it up. It served me as a commuter for a long time.

And it does run pretty good!

Comment

haha yea it runs great, thanks for the car man it's alot more than I was expecting for the pricetag. I'll get this thing hugging corners with some 14" tires and wheels soon.
                          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

Congratulations Matt!! I just realized you finally got one.

Lemme know how I can help and I'll do my best. I might have a couple of Festiva parts somewhere...ha!

Karl
                            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Haha thanks Karl! I'm super excited about this car, its very clean underneath!!!
                              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

Working...
                              X