my um......festiva....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my um......festiva....

time for a reality check...lol...you all have such great lookin festivas...but behold the power of iowa winters...lol.....i got this car from my brother in law..he saved it from a junkyard but it had a busted hatch window and a drivers door that was messed up..so he grabbed a hatch and a door off a red festy from the junkyard and then decided the red/white wasnt right so he started painting the flat black...well he got tired of painting it so here it is..lol..I was supposed to pay him 300 for it but since the motor blew up on my way home he said dont worry about it...lol...i got it like this except i added the go-fast stickers of course....and i tinted the side back windows...oh and the spoiler came off a junkyard 93 i found....the guy busted it getting it off the car so he gave it to me broken..i patched it with fiberglass and installed it..its not straight but i dont really care......peace

Sweet! Always good to see one saved. The windows look nice. You have a start. You could get the geezer award a FF '06. Well the wheels have all ready been painted though, but a good contender still LOL. What are you next plans?....motor I assume?
    '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
    '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
    '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
    '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
    '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
    '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
    '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

this one is not a builder...its a dd....and the rust is all over the place.i didint realise it was so bad when i first picked it up....sooo...the motor i put in it is from a aspire..it runs strong and sounds good....im lookin for another festiva....and if it has a blown motor i wont care....im not into the speed racer thing just want a reliable dd....and the 38mpg atx isnt bad either...oh and the wheels were painted black...i was playing around with some high temp paint on the manifold and said wow this is really shiny imma paint the wheels...lmfao.....it goes on sooo thick but it stays shiny..

Comment

any more spoilers around your junkyards?
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2065064/1
        Paulbarrera12.com
        Festiva Visualizer Project

Comment

Just goes to show how much people love their Festivas!
          White '89L auto - Sold!
          Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

this was the first and only spoiler i found...the guy was goin to sell it to me for 35 bucks and it was goin to go to another member of this site....but after he broke it i didnt want to send that member broken piece.....there arent many yards around here but when i do go into one im always lookin for the spoiler...it would be the one thing that i would take out just because someone on this site im sure would want it....

Comment

Nice save!!

Gives you something to be proud of, too! I like seeing the beater Festivas almost as much as the "nice" ones.

I like 'em all. Go figure.

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

just because i can.......

Comment

Hey ToTalxs, I'm the member who was going to buy that spoiler. I painfully remember the unfortunate breakage . Your car looks good to me. You know we are practically home boys. You, me, and supertodd. How did that repair job go on the spoiler. Just in case :lol:
                  sigpic
                  The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                  https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                  Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

yeah thats right.. :lol:
                    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

hey thats right freshtiva...it didnt go too bad....i bought some fiberglass stuff from napa...and just trial and errored...its good enough and after a fresh coat of rattle can white it wont be horrid....its definately a beater piece.....oh i installed a oil pressure gauge on the interior....i need an adaptor though to install in the block...oh and i got a 6 dollar clock from walmart and installed that on top of the speedo cluster cause the radio display dont work and i cant stand not knowing the time...

Comment

Working...
                      X