203 88 12 tires...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 203 88 12 tires...

Instead of rompin in the woods I terrorized the town!
    I looked for the roughest streets around..
    nope, can't even feel that monster crevasse everyone slows for.
    Over curbs, over parking stops like they are not there..heh.
    Line going out of parking lot at grocery, no problem, over parking
    stops AND curb...hahahaha!

The sound these knobs make at 30mph makes little kids run for
    mommy!

Tomorrow, back to normal , I get to take these babies back into the
    mountains, smooth them 4x4 trails out like glass!
    Oh, the rears are 203 81 12, the fronts 203 88 12...on 8 PSI for pavement. 4 psi rear, 6 psi front off road.

Last edited by Movin; 06-08-2013, 08:51 PM.
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

That is SO awesome. Where do you find tires like that?

Comment

They look like the tyres on my four wheeler.
      91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
      06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
      95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by deathrace2000 View Post
        That is SO awesome. Where do you find tires like that?
        Most (nearly all) quad/SBS tires are 12", I've seen a quite a few people stick them on stock Festy rims.

Comment

Thats the ticket!! Off road size is 26 8 12 on the front and 25 8 12 on the back.
          I haven't seen anyone else putting ATV tires on twelves, it sure would be nice to have
          some company to ride with. Being alone miles off with no cell phone and nobody else along can be bad news if everything is not 100%. Tomorrow there may be an ATV or two along I sent out
          invites to some of them, but as of yet I am going by myself.

I had some rock crawl jeeps offer but that wouldn't work either, I am way faster until the bad nasty them I have to go my own way and let them wreck their sheet metal lol!

Comment

This is the greatest thing I've seen to date.

Sent from Galaxy S4 TAPATALK2
            Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

If that is what you like it is!! There are track festy's that are awesome. There are drag festy's that are are quick.There are rally festy's that shoot through gravel roads like a bullet. This one, it just 4 wheels like a side by side , tows trailers to haul Elk, firewood or anything a pickup can. Can't wait for tomorrow!!!

Comment

Post some action shots if you can get some. This would also di well, I think, on some creek beds, annnnd possibly in snow.

Sent from Galaxy S4 TAPATALK2
                Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

The mountain area I'm going into is in a drought, the snow was gone in march and the creeks are already dry, I have to carry fire equipment! But there is some opportunity. Alone, I maybe able to get the game cam to take some shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
                    I maybe able to get the game cam to take some shots.
                    Please do!!!!

I was waiting to see pics of those street legal ATV treads on your Festy! Looks good. Very good. You will have fun with them, i'm sure.
                    Last edited by drddan; 06-09-2013, 01:35 AM.
                    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Those tires are still my old ones, the street stomping I did was not legal!!

Comment

Sooo much win bwahahaha.
                        Fast....Women are fast
                        Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

CARNAGE!!!!

CARNAGE!!!

[QUOTE=frankenfester;599524]Post some action shots if you can get some.

Okay, the action shot didn't go so well! The flight was okay, it was the landing that sucked!
                          My suspension is really long travel and even with the long aspire cv it couldn't take a jump like that!

Back to the beginning, I went up to about the 5500 ft mark above the 4100 ft lake elevation before it was cool enough to put on the trail tires. This jack set up is so fast its nuts.

After I swapped tires I went about 20 miles on up to a little over 7000 feet and went to this play area. The spot I went for on the second lap I had a sort of misjudgement! A gross error, yup you all know the words I can't use here
                          The resulting carnage left me coasting with engine running but no power. Like the clutch was pushed in. Everything steering and braked okay I was just driving a coasty kart hours from anywhere and nobody along!! This is the spot,

Pretty awesome play area , there are lots like it but why I picked one so far out?? I guess these tires make you feel invisible , it is so cool, its hard to describe but more on that later.
                          I was still mind blown about how I hit that WAY to fast and that something was bad wrong, I was in a hell hole for heat so I tried to coast to some shade..That didn't work out so well either so here I am , stuck in a rock dish cooking like a pizza. No help possible for at least another day. So I dove in to this mess.

And found this!! Great!! in a bad way...

Anyway, it was hot so I hurried. I banged out the strut bolts and pulled the knuckle outward.
                          I looked at the inner CV thinking it had blown but it was okay, it just extended to far. The boot was shredded but most of the grease was still there. By rocking the knuckle out I was able to stick the joint back together and resume my secret mission. Yup, secret mission, you don't think I would go out here and bust up my car just for you guys??!! Well, okay, that was just for you guys but ....Oh heck, anyway I slapped her back together, I was only down for like six minutes !!!

I resumed the mission and found some great trails on the shady north face which was remarkably cooler.

Silly jeeps put on big huge and wide tires then they don't fit anymore, I guess that is why
                          they call this a rock crawling trail. lol I can cruise these, it is the rock crawl play areas that they spend all day in that I stay out of, you really do need 38 inch plus tires to do that.

I don't know about you guys but for me every well planned mission has to have a lunch spot.
                          Besides a great lunch, it has to be sheltered, in this case from the sun and heat. It has to have a certain amount of "cool" factor and a great view helps. California wild fires are making the view part a little sucky, but hey, gotta kick the tires and check out things!

These great little trails sometimes have obstacles. I found plenty lol and most of the time you don't turn around, You have a wild through the forest adventure to get around. The dirt is soft and has 4 or 5 inches of pine needles on top of that. Add some steep hill, rotten logs, rocks ect and the good times roll!

The end of the mission, but first, I will try to post a video of what these tires do!! They are so freaking awesome, they have a low rumble that shouts authority! Going down the road they throw a dust storm the likes of which makes my jaw drop still, My street tires make a whiff of dust here and there but these things...my gosh!

I had some adventure footage but photobucket says they are too big to upload. Maybe I can edit them on my computer before uploading, Don't know. It wasn't my helmet cam, it was only cell phone like the one above. anyway, mission pic below!!

Blondes, blacks, jacks, boletes and correl !!! 3 I am not sure yet..Success!!!

Comment

Looks like fun! Nothing like some trail side repairs.

-Scott
                            Aqua 93 L
                            Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                            White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Awesome! This is inspirational. I'm looking forward to building my trail rig. If it goes well, maybe I'll plan a trip up to Oregon. Nice 'shrooms by the way!
                              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                              X