todays tomato haul.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• todays tomato haul.

These two plants are the only ones that survived this spring, Roma and Grape. I planted some Beef steak plants, they came up and started to look promising, then wilted and died. The Grape tomato plant has out done himself from the beginning He came from Park seed, as good as he is doing ill buy more from Park next spring, the flavor is good great tomato taste but also sweet. as you can tell, the Roma is on the left with probably 15 or more ready to be ripened and the Grape on the Right, I pick this amount about every 3-4 days and give a lot away.

Last edited by sc72; 08-31-2013, 06:46 PM.
    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

'maters! I loves me a good 'mater!!!

Slice, salt and pepper, sprinkle with Feta cheese, and a little Itallian dressing. Yum.
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Slice, sprinkle with sugar.

Nom nom nom
      91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
      06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
      95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

how much for them all including shipping lol jk

Comment

drddan, ill have to give that a try, sounds good.

Chobobulous, have you tried Brown sugar.

1chrisapple, I can cram a whole lotta matos into a flat rate box. lol jk.

Grandma fried up some fried green tomatos for us and man were they good, she asked if I thought they were any good, so I said to her, ya know they arn't to bad but you might want to keep practicing-- as I ate the last one, she smiled and said I can do that. Thank God for good cooks.
          An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

karl they look tasty & the tomatos here in wnc did terrible b/c of all the rain weve had. i put my cherry tomatos in the pickle jar for a few days then snack in them! the romas make great spaghetti sauce.
            Last edited by kumalaba; 09-01-2013, 01:01 AM.
            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Danny we gave most of the Grape tomatoes away but the rest are in the fridge so I grab a few as I head to the family room or if i'm close by, I like them on the cool side. A thick tomato paste was my plan for the Romas but they didn't follow the plan. I was thinking of using this paste for homemade pizza. Hm all this talk is making me hungry, I feel a BLT coming on, heavy on the Bacon.

Comment

dang now ive got to go make me a blt! extra crispy bacon of course
                Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Working...
                X