New Daily Driver.. 97' Aspire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Daily Driver.. 97' Aspire

Picked this up last night for a new DD, got a decent deal, lots of new parts on it and receipts for them and maintence with it from the PO. Runs great! First aspire I've owned, I do like the ride, should make for a good driver, bummer it's not a stick! But the Mpg's still seemed good, guess 30-35..

Just need a few small parts here and there, nothing major.
    -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
    -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
    -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

What happened to the sentra?
    -Donny
    -1992 Festiva GL
    B6D/E-series.
    -1991 GL
    BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Nothing still got it, it'll just be my fun/weekend car now
      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.

Comment

Does it drive better than a Festiva?

Comment

nice find
          Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

needs a manual swap STAT!!!
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

^ I agree I'd prefer a manual for sure in it, but for now it just needs to serve daily driving duty..

Comment

You should just call it Egg. In white it really looks like one! Hope it serves it's purpose while you attack that Sentra and get that Weber running good!
                -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                Random Festiva Parts
                Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

!Huevos Automatica
                  Last edited by Advancedynamix; 12-22-2013, 09:23 AM.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Dude, throw some ZX2 rims on there! They'll really set that car off!
                    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Ha! I was gonna suggest Miata Daisies.

Karl
                      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Sweet! Another aspire guy! I know your already thinking about replacing the head unit lol... If you do keep in mind you will want to replace all 4 speakers too! Factory speakers and head unit use a 3 ohm load, so you stick a 4 ohm head unit in there and it will sound great, for about a week.
                        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

I've got a spare Aspire parcel shelf if you want it.
                          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                            Ha! I was gonna suggest Miata Daisies.

Karl
                            I'm not a big fan of the daisies.. I like the 7 spokes though!

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
                            Sweet! Another aspire guy! I know your already thinking about replacing the head unit lol... If you do keep in mind you will want to replace all 4 speakers too! Factory speakers and head unit use a 3 ohm load, so you stick a 4 ohm head unit in there and it will sound great, for about a week.
                            Yes I will change all that out, stock is crap haha
                            Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                            I've got a spare Aspire parcel shelf if you want it.
                            Pm sent!

Comment

Originally posted by Festiva_Fred View Post
                              I'm not a big fan of the daisies.. I like the 7 spokes though!

Yes I will change all that out, stock is crap haha

Pm sent!
                              Yeah those stock speakers are crap.
                              I remember the first thing I did to the car was throw out all the stock speakers.
                              I spent 6 months with no tunes simply because
                              it was better for me to have no sound, than listen to those crap speakers.
                              Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

Working...
                              X