My Festiva - Buffed and sexy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Festiva - Buffed and sexy

Just picked this 93 up last week, so while i'm sourcing parts for it I have been getting it cleaned up and looking sexy. Ordered some 55w 5000K HID's too, should look good when done. Just did a single stage buff, and a coat of wax. Also used a heat gun to bring back the trim and bumpers. I tried Mothers Back to Black but it didn't really work that well.

Before:

This shows what a difference only a few passes made with the wheel:

The finished product!

Thanks for looking!
    -1991 Mazda RX-7 Turbo - Large Street port, Megasquirt, GT4088R, Meth injection.
    -1993 Festiva L

Looking good !!!

Comment

That turned out nice!

Comment

You need a Green swoosh. You see that first groove in the bumpers? Put some green pinstripe in there, front and back. It will only cost a couple of bucks. I put red pinstripe on mine, because I have a green Festiva.

Maybe even reflective vinyl!

Don't forget to put some plates on before you take it for a spin.
        Before you lower the car back on the ground, you might as well do the Aspire suspension swap for double the braking power. Give Dover Auto Wreckers a call in Chatham. See if they have any Aspires. You will be amazed.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 02-02-2014, 05:21 PM.

Comment

That's what the plan was, but Festiva's and Aspire's are rare around here now. I'll give them a call this week. You ever come out this way? I'm usually in Toronto or pass by a dozen times a year.
          -1991 Mazda RX-7 Turbo - Large Street port, Megasquirt, GT4088R, Meth injection.
          -1993 Festiva L

Comment

I usually cut off for Port Huron. I have a storage locker there. Are you coming to Ohiostiva in the spring? You could probably drive straight across right now.

Here you go. Fluorescent green "Go faster" stripes!
            Last edited by bravekozak; 02-02-2014, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Hadn't given it much thought, but I should be able to!

Haha those are awesome
              -1993 Festiva L

Comment

Unfortunately, there were no green graphics for Festivas.
                I don't know if you would like a green gecko and a fly. I have seen a couple of red zipper Festivas. Here is a Postscript Festiva logo that you could take to any custom vinyl graphics shop and have them incorporate it.

This is what my swoosh looks like.
                Red and green are direct complements on the color wheel. Equal intensity, 50:50.

I used the same logo for my shift knob and floor mats.
                Last edited by bravekozak; 02-02-2014, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Here's what I mean about adding an inexpensive stripe to the bumpers. In your case green would look great. Think about it.
                  Last edited by bravekozak; 02-03-2014, 07:14 PM.

Comment

I've got blue stripes for my bumpers and side trim. It's reflective and made by 3M. I think it's 1/4" size, but it comes in other sizes. IIRC, I got it off amazon.com.

Glease, some of that would look nice on an already beautiful Festiva!

Karl
                    Last edited by Safety Guy; 02-03-2014, 07:39 PM.
                    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Thanks Karl! Currently I just like the clean look it has, we'll see if later on I add something on to it. Trying to get this all done before I am forced to do my annual fix my broken RX7 before summer push. Haha
                      -1993 Festiva L

Comment

Thinking about it now, maybe a red stripe in the bumper. Would be a nice accent..
                        -1993 Festiva L

Comment

Working...
                        X