The Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Truck

Traded in the family vehicle (2012 Traverse) for my first truck. Local dealership got this on a trade and they had a pretty decent deal on it... plus what they gave me for my trade in, it was hard to turn down. It's a 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE, 5.3 V8 with the All Terrain and Z71 packages... and this one is "special" in that the original owner bumped to add body colored bumpers and grill, 20" wheels, etc. It has all the features that I was looking for (and then some) with the exception of heated seats. Modifications list is going to be minor (because it doesn't really need anything, and the wife would kill me), but includes heated seats, LineX and tonneau cover, plus some minor touches here and there for convenience, like adding some led strips to the bed to light things up at night, maybe the leveling kit to even things out a bit...

Anyways - onto the pictures.

LineX is awesome. The shop I took it to did a great job. With the lifetime warranty, this stuff should outlast the truck. I left the original mat in there as well for some extra cushion.

The tonneau cover I bought was a Diamondback HD cover with LineX coating. This is the mother of all covers. Flips up front and rear for access to the bed.

It's also capable of hauling 1,600 lbs on top of it... they even sell kits that let you run your ATV on top of it, so of course I had to test it out.

Capable of hauling a good bit more than the Traverse was able to... so I would like to pickup a small camper of some sort to haul behind it eventually. But it's nice just to be able to toss my can of mowed grass in the back vs. how I had to carry it in the Traverse.

Anyone else got the truck itch? Or a truck worth sharing?
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Better get some straps on that quad! Don't want the wind to blow it off!

Nice lookin truck.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

drool
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

you will be getting another festiva soon after a few fill ups lol

Comment

^Haha.

Nice though. Looks great.
          Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
          91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

It's a little worse off on gas than the Traverse was... but not that much worse. I've got a 2 mile commute to work, so it's nothing terrible.
            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

That is Very nice
              Congrats !
              If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

That's a nice truck! Everyone loves there ol truck!
                1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Simon, it needs a raccoon tail hanging from the mirror.

Oh, and then some glow in the dark valve stem tips!

Just ask and I'll suggest more bling! :p

Karl
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                  X